Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 8:19:02 PM EDT
<hey all, just wanted to check in.  I am in Germany right now, after being in Moscow for the last few months.  I wanted to say hi now that I was back in a country where I could actually log in, in Moscow I could not get into this forum.   Things are great here, except for an interesting detaining experience in Belarus, all is well.   I read a post by the Beer Slayer about some things going on here, would anyone be interested in letting me know what has been going on?  What problems have we been having, as the russians have taught me some interesting lessons....... just kidding.  Anyway, hope all is well.  What is new on here?  hope to hear from y'all!

Tiff
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:21:24 PM EDT
[#1]
TTIWWP
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#2]
what is TTIWWP?  whoa, i have really been gone for a while!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
what is TTIWWP?  whoa, i have really been gone for a while!

This Thread Is Worthless Without Pics...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:48:21 PM EDT
[#4]
hey Tiff,  welcome back

got any good euro stories ?

any cool euro gun pics ?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:19:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:34:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Long time no see!  

The main 'happenings' is, we have several new womenz in our forum.  (And the boys are drooling.  )

Looking forward to hearing your stories.
Welcome Back!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:51:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome back, and what are you doing over there???? Any good stories?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:00:29 AM EDT
[#8]
glad to 'see' you tiff

glad you are safe

let us know what youve been up to

we like stories  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:15:59 AM EDT
[#9]
 Nice to meet you!  I'm one of the new ladies.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey CAT!!  I remember ya, you came on right when I left!

Well, I was in Moscow for two months taking a russian language course, and have now managed to master simple conversational russian.  Funny story that pertains to this board....

My teacher was a man, and in Russia all men have to join the military for 2 years.  He is a gun nut like us, and when he found out I was as well, he fashioned some of the lessons around talking about firearms, which was pretty cool, so I now have a bunch of gun terminology in russian!  Sad, though.  In Russia, he can't own firearms, and there aren't reallz places here where a person can go and rent a gun at a range.  He was extremely interested in hearing about what we in America are allowed to do and have, and I had to explain to him the 2nd Amendment and the fight going on right now in the US over our rights in that regard.  He couldn't understand why people in the US don't understand how unique our gun rights are.  He can't wait to come out to the US, and asked me if we could go shooting when he did.  What a question!!!  

Hmmm.....euro stories.   Well, Moscow was a lot better off than I had expected it to be, although I think that they still have a very long way to go.  People were extremely nice there, and have been willing and happy to talk to me about what life has been like there over the last 30 years, from soviet times to perestroika to everything that happened afterwards.  Some scary things in the city were mainly attributed to the Chechen problem there right now.  Maybe you dont know, but two planes were blown up there two weeks before I left.  A friend of mine was supposed to be on one of them, and an acquaintance of mine was, so it was a pretty sad blow.  I really dont know how they are going to deal with this problem, especially now that they have proof that the Chechen resistance is being given finnancial aid, arms, and exptertise by Arab groups, it has them all pretty freaked out right now.

Only one little snag in the whole trip, a problem with border control in Belarus.  I was pulled off my train by some soldiers and detained for a while, apparently they dont like americans much, but all turned out ok.  Now I am in Berlin, and it feels good to be in a country where i dont have to look over my shoulder all the time, and will be back in the states in about a little over a week.  I have had a great time here, but I cant wait to get back home.  

Talk to y'all soon!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow, I would love to trade places with you right now,being in Berlin. I was stationed there with the wall still intact and want to see it now with the wall down. I hope you try to see both sides of Berlin. So much neither side had access to. It is a great city with so much to do and see and the food,mmmmmmmmm. What I would give for a real bratworst,not the garbage you get here passed off as one. The beer spoiled me for life too can't stand american beer anymore. So many good ones.  Enjoy. How easy is it to learn russian? It is a language I want to learn.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:31:51 AM EDT
[#13]
thanks all!  I am now in  Switzerland, it is sooooo beautiful here!  I am staying with a friend, and it is kinda funny, because he and no one else in his neighborhood locks there doors.  This is a relatively nice area, so I asked him why.  He reminded me that every male in this country is issued their own gun with enough ammo to do some damage, and that since everyone knows it, and the whole town gets together for shoots, everyone knows to just leave things be.   How great is that!!!

Anyway, coming home soon, thursday, in fact.  Kinda sad, I am going to miss my friends here, but I am excited to get back home to my own bed.  I bought a beautiful new Beretta before leaving, 3 months ago, and i need to get back to her.  

I have been gone for almost 3 months now, anything exciting going on back home?  Hear the AWB is gone, YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very happy it is gone, but unfortunately, I live in good ole Kali, so I suppose it wont effect me that much  but i am very happy for all of ya!

Talk to ya soon

Tiff
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:53:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:11:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Missed this thread initially. Pleased to meet you I would love to hear stories of your travels! How exciting!! [Not to mention I can live vicariously through you]

Any pics of architecture and scenery (including HOTD's) you'd like to share would be most welcomed as well. May your many travels be safe!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:34:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top