Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2013 12:58:47 AM EDT
Now I need a holster for concealed carry. I looked into some purses that offer concealing, but let me be honest. I've had to go back to restaurants more than once to pick up her purse. Plus we have two young children and I'm just more comfortable buying something she will wear on her person and not in a purse. I've already got her one little holster that she can put in her purse if she wants, but I'd rather find something awesome she can wear.

I've looked at the Flashbang bra holster. My wife is a 38 D. I have researched and apparently it's easier for women with larger cup sizes to conceal on their bra. But, my wife also holds our daughter chest to chest quite often so I don't know if that's okay. And her stomach isn't perfectly flat. She's got about 30lbs she's been trying to lose.

I don't think she would like an ankle holster simply because she currently carries her sidearm in an over the shoulder detective type apparatus (she wears lots of Blazers and suit coats for work), but I can't find one for the Bodyguard. I'm not ruling out the ankle type, but it would have to be an incredible one.

She currently carries a .38 that  belonged to her father, but she always goes right for the Bodyguard with laser when she sees one and drills it into my head that it's much  more lady friendly than her current one. So, I know I've done right with the gun, but I need HELP with a holster. She has tried the lacy corsette before and didn't care for it. She has also carried inside her pants a few times. I think it's her current bulky gun that made her not like that.

So, I'm here in the women's forum begging for suggestions. :)

Again ... it's a Smith &Wesson Bodyguard Revolver 38 with laser.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 1:02:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I also want to add that she is right handed, but wears her gun on the left. Her father taught her that turning to draw from the left like that offers up a smaller target and helps her protect her organs. I don't personally do it that way, but she's incredible doing it. She can draw faster than I can that way. BUT she has said she is open to new ways of drawing.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 5:37:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome present!
I would say allow her to choose the holster. Every carrying woman has their preference. I carry in different ways and it really depends on my clothing choice for the day. Most times it's IWB or appendix carry. I've carried with flash bang bra holster and found it pinches sometimes but I still use it. Ankle holster has it's place too for business attire. I carry in my purse/go bag too.

Buying guns/holsters is like buying clothes ... A fit for one may not be a fit for another. When women ask me these questions I tell them to try them all and find what works for you. Whatever you choose practice practice practice ... Drawing, dry firing, etc ... Don't carry a weapon unless you know how to protect it and use it or it could be used on you. Fumbling in a purse for a gun when you need it wastes precious time.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 6:26:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I've decided to let her go pick her own holster. But I'd like to get her something else for Christmas as well.

Have any of you lovely ladies tried those Concealed Carrie purses? I know I poo pooed the idea immediately, but what do I know?

These are all the models of purses.

I've bought her an expensive purse before, but these seem like nothing more than a regular purse with some Velcro sewn in. Would a woman find something like this useful?
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 12:56:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Purses are the worst carry method there is and should only be used when every other option has been eliminated in my opinion, so I wouldn't spend extra money on one unless she was going to use it often.

I can't count how many times I see women putting their purse on the child seat of the shopping cart or hanging it on a chair back at a restaurant and such or just carrying it in a manner that it can be snatched quickly and easily.  I carry mine with a cross body strap, not exactly the most stylish look but nobody is going to get it either and that's more important to me.

I can't recommend any specific brands since I don't plan to buy one but there's "gunhandbags.com" and a quick Google will provide many options.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Look at the Ava or Betty from Flashbang holsters. While I think the original Flashbang would still work, this are some viable options.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top