Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2012 6:49:53 PM EDT
It's getting close to time to ask her to marry me so I've been looking at rings lately and this is the one I think is close to what I'll end up getting.  A while back she showed me some that she liked and the general theme was an emerald shaped diamond and more diamonds along the band, so I've been sticking to that style.  I remember a few other threads on here saying good things about Blue Nile, so that's where I've been looking.  Here it is:

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a beautiful ring. The diamonds on the band are amazing and will look great in the sunlight. If the proposal isnt impending then next time you catch her looking at rings just pay a lot of attention to what she says or even look with her and bring up similar styles. Good luck.

May not be much help because I picked out my own ring.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#2]
You are looking at a "Princess" cut diamond.  My wife liked the marquise shape.

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]
It's beautiful!  

Keep in mind that you'll need to get a wedding band as well, so just make sure the band goes with the engagement ring.  An infinity band (which has diamonds around the whole thing) would probably go very well or a band that has diamonds around half of it would work too.  

I ended up with I loving call a franskinstein ring, as the hubby bought a beautiful engagement ring, then we had to find a sort-of matching band, then we bought another band for our 5 year anniversary.  I love it to pieces, but start looking at wedding bands now and if you have a hard time finding a wedding band to match the engagement ring, you might want to consider looking into getting a wedding ring set, which comes with both the engagement ring and the wedding band.  Often times they are intertwined for a really nice finished look.  Good luck and early congrats!
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:17:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's beautiful!  

Keep in mind that you'll need to get a wedding band as well, so just make sure the band goes with the engagement ring.  An infinity band (which has diamonds around the whole thing) would probably go very well or a band that has diamonds around half of it would work too.  

I ended up with I loving call a franskinstein ring, as the hubby bought a beautiful engagement ring, then we had to find a sort-of matching band, then we bought another band for our 5 year anniversary.  I love it to pieces, but start looking at wedding bands now and if you have a hard time finding a wedding band to match the engagement ring, you might want to consider looking into getting a wedding ring set, which comes with both the engagement ring and the wedding band.  Often times they are intertwined for a really nice finished look.  Good luck and early congrats!

Thanks for reminding me about a wedding band.  I looked around some more at Blue Nile and they have a "suggested bands" links on the same page as the diamond settings and a couple of them look like they will match perfect.  The more I think about all this the more excited I get
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:34:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like you have a handle on it - good job!   It will be a very special day that will be remembered forever.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:28:11 AM EDT
[#6]
 Congrats!! I like those kinda rings.

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I have it in my hand now!  The picture does NOT do it justice.  This is the first real diamond I've seen up close and it really is impressive how it sparkles.  Now I have to figure out how I'm going to ask her

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#8]
GORGEOUS!!!!!!    

Nice job, OP!  Let us know how you pop the question.  That's the best part!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice ring!

I foresee a good beer drinking excuse......  About four of my buddies and I would call an important "meeting" at each of our respective houses when each one of decided to propose.  A keg of beer among just a few guys can create some very original methods.  All the girls said yes ( this was 9-15 years ago) and all of us are still married except for the one whom did not have the beer-brainstorming party!  Coincedience? I think not!
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 6:13:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Well it finally happened this past Saturday night after we went out to dinner!
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Yea!  Congrats!
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I hadn't really planned out how to do it other than hoping I could figure something out after dinner but it all came together at the end!  There was a plaza by the restaurant with a gazebo in the middle of it and someone had lit a bunch of luminarias around it.  We walked over to it and I finally worked up the nerve to ask and give her the ring and she said yes!
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 10:25:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I remember my SO being so nervous before he asked.  It was so cute!  

It sounds like it all went off perfectly.  Now starts the wedding planning .... good luck!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Gorgeous ring! Congrats!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top