Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2009 1:52:39 AM EDT
I am trying to find a for sure answer for a guy on another gun forum. I have an AR lower for sale and this guy is outside CONUS. Trying to be discreet about payment. This either sounds like a scam or a trap? BTW what are the laws regarding gun transfers out of the US? Is it just flat out no?
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 9:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am trying to find a for sure answer for a guy on another gun forum. I have an AR lower for sale and this guy is outside CONUS. Trying to be discreet about payment. This either sounds like a scam or a trap? BTW what are the laws regarding gun transfers out of the US? Is it just flat out no?

EJECT!!

It is against ITARS.

Welcome to Club Fed if you entertain this idea.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 9:22:39 PM EDT
[#2]
This is what I figured. Just dunno if I should report the guy to admin on the site or just tell him to piss off.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 9:26:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is what I figured. Just dunno if I should report the guy to admin on the site or just tell him to piss off.

Tough call. If it is a trap, I would say let the site admin know. If its not, I would probably still advise the site admin, that way, maybe they can let others on the site know. I wouldn't want to see someone get their ass in a ringer over something like this.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#4]
The crappy part is that the lower only came up in a PM because I listed that I had various AR parts and the site admin says no to gun sales so I walked myself into this one as well. Guess I could tell admin and take my licks from them. It was a brain fart on my part for sure.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The crappy part is that the lower only came up in a PM because I listed that I had various AR parts and the site admin says no to gun sales so I walked myself into this one as well. Guess I could tell admin and take my licks from them. It was a brain fart on my part for sure.

Well, as they say, honesty is the best policy. What's the worst that the site admins would do? Ban you for a while, smack you on the hand? If someone else tries to sell a lower to this guy, the worst they could get is a honeymoon suite with Bubba, in club fed.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 9:38:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Very true. I'm writing site admin as we speak. Hoping for the best! Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 5:21:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

EJECT!!

It is against ITARS.

Only if you attempt to export the firearm without first obtaining the proper license from the Department of State Directorate of Defense Trade Controls.  Explain to the purchaser that this license is $2250 per year and will be added to the cost of the lower.  The export license actually applies to parts as well, not just receivers.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Alaska and Hawaii are not in CONUS and you can legally ship there. Being that we and they are part of the 50 united states. We still get USPS, it's not even international. No passports to come visit us either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top