Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2001 10:03:15 AM EDT
[url]http://www.selfdefence.com/restrictions.htm[/url]

This might be a good starting point researching the "Legalities" of "Attempting" to have the means to "Defend" yourself.

Since it seems that the charges against "OneShot" come down to this.

I assume that a "Consent Search" of the residence was given? With that I believe anything they find can be used against you.

A "Search Warrant" has to be pretty specific as to what they are looking for. i.e., a "Stolen Piano" if specified on the warrant is all they can look for or take in as evidence. They could not open any dresser drawers expecting to find a piano.

Lawyer's please step in on this one.

Spontaneous Confessions also are big trouble. Any comment you make could be considered a spontaneous confession and used against you.

Miranda Warning, I believe, always has to be given if you are arrested and charged. At least in the Military I always read it from my little card and then had the person sign a document that it was read to him and that he understood it, etc.

Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top