Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2001 10:56:56 PM EDT
I have been reading a lot on this web site about the "Blind Pin" method for muzzle BRAKE attachment on threaded pre ban BBLS to make them post ban. -- Sounds like a very good way to do it, BUT before I do one this way I would like to see that this method is BATF approved. ---- Has anyone ever seen this method written down in any govt.(BATF) printings.? ------ Would  like it in black and white, could be needed if ever challenged on this method.-----Thanks for any help!! ---- ALLONS11
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 4:08:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Accepted method (as found on {2} 11.5-5.5 barrels) has been to bore hole in the brake and slightly into barrel (Bushmaster was this way, 1988 barrel) or bore through the brake and across OD of the barrel and slide pin through (1988 Olympic barrel). Both makers used 2 pins 180* apart, then weld over the hole---Thus not readily removable (permanent) until you grind away brake to get pins out.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top