Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2001 1:30:22 PM EDT
Anyone know what Texas State Law has to say about carrying my M4 in the trunk while carrying loaded mags in my car?

I always make sure to keep the rifle in the trunk, and the loaded mags in the passenger compartment. The trunk is locked, with no way to access unless you unlock a rear seat.

Much thanks in advance of your reply.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#1]
In Florida you can carry the M4 loaded in the seat beside you. I am pretty sure Texas works the same. I know Texas has a few more exceptions than Florida does.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#2]
In Texas any long gun can be carried loaded or unloaded, no limit on ammo you carry. There are certain areas to be avoided, secured areas of an airport, school property, federal property, any prison or jail, racetracks (Horse racing), a polling or election station. It does not matter if its an M4 with a beta C, or a single shot 22 rifle, all the same as far as the law here is concerned. I keep mine above the windshield in a rack, alot handier than locked unloaded in the trunk should the need arise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top