Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2001 1:21:01 PM EDT
Hi Everybody,

Lets suppose I have a few old 20 round GI mags that I use with my new post ban ar15. This ar has a 16 inch barrel, permanent muzzle brake, standard ar15 pistol grip, and  standard A2 butt stock.

Would this ar configuartion with 20 round GI mag violate New York State law ? PS I don't live in NYC.

Thanks,

Joe39
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:46:54 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as they aren't stamped with a date newer than the date of the ban (9/94) or aren't stamped "For Law Enforcement Only," you should be fine.  If I'm wrong, someone please post before I end up in jail. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:16:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:48:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply guy's. My old GI mags don't have any date stamped on them, just the colt address on the butt plate. Does this mean I'm legal with my post ban AR in NY state ?
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Without a date or serial number to find out when the mag was produced, it would be hard for anyone to tell you it was made after the ban date.  As far as I know all post ban high capacity magazines MUST be stamped with a date or be stamped "FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT USE ONLY."
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Local legistaltion withstanding. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top