Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2001 1:53:39 PM EDT
If I have a Post Ban AR with an A2 stock and I want to change it to a Post Ban Tele-style stock, would that be considered Altering a Firearm, thus making my weapon illegal?

2)  How about swapping a 14.5 in with a permanently attached compensator, making it a legal 16 in barrel, with a regular 16 in barrel?

3) What about swapping a 16 in upper with a 20 inch upper? (of course both Post ban)

[newbie]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#1]
yes there all legal to do

as the post ban telestock doesnt collapse
the 14.5 with a permanent comp would make it fit the legal lenght

as far as federal law is consered
state law may vary
edited to add federal disclamer
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]
One of the nice things about the AR is how much customization you can do to it. Replace the A2 stock with a post-ban tele-style stock...sure!

Buy a whole crapload of different uppers...sure!

As long as you put post-ban parts on your post-ban lower you should be OK.

Quoted:
If I have a Post Ban AR with an A2 stock and I want to change it to a Post Ban Tele-style stock, would that be considered Altering a Firearm, thus making my weapon illegal?

2)  How about swapping a 14.5 in with a permanently attached compensator, making it a legal 16 in barrel, with a regular 16 in barrel?

3) What about swapping a 16 in upper with a 20 inch upper? (of course both Post ban)

[newbie]
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:45:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top