Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 12:28:32 PM EDT
I'm wondering how much it costs to start an LLC and what kind of yearly fees would be involved in keeping the LLC. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The fees in Texas seem a bit high to me: $300 to form an LLC

See this link for more info: INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILING A CERTIFICATE OF FORMATION FOR A LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY

Much more info found here: Filing Guide for Business Organizations and Nonprofit Associations

Cheers, Otto
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:11:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Many people Inc. here in Delaware. IIRC, you can setup a corp for under $50, or you can have it fast-tracked for an extra $100 or so.

http://www.state.de.us/corp/

Nevermind Delaware. I forgot we're non-NFA.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:42:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Can you move the state of incorporation, if your current one starts to screw you over?

I'm afraid of starting an LLC, buying a bunch of NFA, then later on the state starts charging something ridiculous like $500 a year in annual fees and I'll either have to pay the fee or transfer my NFA back to myself for $200 a piece.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#4]
What does starting an LLC accomplish?  I don't really understand what you guys are scheming up

Is there some way I can get NFA items directly or an FFL without techincally having a business?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:23:41 AM EDT
[#5]
1.  You can bypass LEO signoff, if they won't sign.
2.  You can add your wife/family to your LLC so they can have access to your safe without you all committing a felony.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe it also allows non-NFA state residents like us in DE to setup a corp in PA to make purchases (as long as the firearms don't come back to DE). Just add somone as an officer of the company to store them at their place in PA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top