Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 11:00:41 AM EDT
The US State Dept. Has rejected my request for an Export Licence for a Colt MT6400C to Italy. It seems that this gun is classified as a military weapon. As you may be aware this is actually a sport carbine, fixed pinned stock, no bayonet lug, no flash hider and has already been exported to Italy.

I went in touch with the State Dept for further information and I was told that it's not the first time that a MT6400C has been reject, but they weren't able to provide me detail about the technical feature that make this process so complicated. They also said that Colt Manufacturing is well aware about this problem, but the last time I call their customer support to seek their help nobody mentioned that.

I would be grateful if anybody could suggest how to handle this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top