Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2001 7:39:31 PM EDT
As long as the gun is legal to own in my country, PRK, can I purchase from a gun show out of state and transfer it here?  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Long guns only, but you have to buy them your self.

As for hand guns you can only buy then in your own state or have them sent to your FFL.

As with any of this stuff you realy need to take a look at the ATF web site.

http://www.atf.treas.gov/
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Sideways, You can purchase a firearm legally out of state and have it transfered to a valid ffl in your state. I have to assume that you are talking about the Reno Hilton Funshow, there are, or were many CA ffl's at that show last time I went so you should not have a problem. When you transfer it to a CA ffl you will still have to wait the 10 day waiting period.

Alex

A2Car: last time I was at a Gun convention out of state every dealer was happy to sell a handgun or a long gun as long as you were of age and had a valid CA FFL to transfer to.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
As long as the gun is legal to own in my country, PRK, can I purchase from a gun show out of state and transfer it here?  Thanks
View Quote

In the other 49, a2car's information is correct.  Cali, however, requires all firearms transactions (even those made between private persons with no dealer's licenses) to be processed by a Cali licensed FFL.  

An out-of-state dealer cannot run a CalDOJ check or provide you with a Cali DROS, so I don't believe you're allowed to purchase ANY firearm outside of California.  You can obviously purchase the firearm, have it transferred to a Cali FFL, and do the transfer in that manner.

If you lived in almost any other state, you could purchase a long gun (rifle or shotgun), in-person, at a licensed dealer's premises or from a licensed dealer at an organized gunshow in another state.  Some states still only allow out-of-state long gun purchases in states directly adjoining their borders.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top