Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2001 2:16:22 PM EDT
My buddy sent his out Nov. last year and he still hasn't got them back...  Has anyone else not received theirs yet?

At least he sent it return receipt and he got the receipt back OK!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I sent mine in the week before Christmas, got it back the first week of January [:D] A guy I work with sent his in between the 25th and the 1st and has been getting really nervous because he had received nothing back except the delivery receipt... till this past monday. He got his registration application back, along with a very polite letter asking him to sign and date the form!! Whoops [:(] His letter said his registration process had been entered into the system and placed on hold. They gave him 30 days to get it back or it would be removed from the system and he would be SOL.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#2]
CAL DOJ has said they have thousands of incomplete or incorrect AW registration applications. They are setting those aside to do last.

Your friend most likely improperly filled out the form.

Turn around on ours was about 20 days and we waited until December.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:29:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine were delayed for some missing info.  Call the doj (number's on the regagun site).  The person who answers the phone should be able to tell you if your form is one of the many waiting for information or corrections before they accept it.  If this is the case, they will send it to you right away instead of whenever they want to.  30 days to get it back.  2 weeks after I sent it I had my reg papers from them.

Oh yeah...resend the papers with return reciept again, just in case.  
And does anyone think they will really remove non-registrants from the database?  I bet they are moved to the bad and naughty person database after their waiting period is over.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 1:29:32 AM EDT
[#4]
a friend of mine sent his in dec and just got his back a week ago
i hope the DOJ hurries up and complete them 100%, id like to see the stats on the # of people registered and the # of gun registered also, and how many the DOJ thinks did not register
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:05:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I mailed mine on January 23, the absolute last day.  Called 2 weeks ago to see about the paperwork.  Lady on the phone said that applications without "problems" would probably be finished around the end of July...those with "problems" (about 9000 applications) could take until the end of the year.  Mine came back about a week after my call to DOJ.

hanko
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Try calling 1(916)227-3274.

My registration was delayed because of an error. When I called them up, they located and corrected the error over the phone and I got my reg. about a week later.

They were very polite and helpful.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 6:56:58 AM EDT
[#7]
What do the 'official' reg papers look like? I finally received a letter in the mail in June, but I think it was just a confirmation letter. It listed the firearms and their serial numbers, but really didn't say shit. Is this what I'm supposed to carry when I take the rifles to a range, or will I get seperate sheets for each gun???
Anyone?
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 8:00:50 AM EDT
[#8]
That cheesy letter with the makes, models, and serial numbers (but not barrel length, type, etc.) is all you get.

You are NOT obligated to carry it or anything else with your registered AWs.  Those in charge of enforcing the law are supposed to be able to check against the live database by calling someone at the DoJ.

Still, it might be a good idea to carry a photocopy of that in your buttstock compartment along with your Bore Snake, Lightn^N^N^N^N^N^N front sight adjusting tool, Zippo lighter, and whatnot.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 9:48:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I would tend to agree that any potential authority figure needs to provide the burden of proof that my firearms ARE NOT registered, so I have decided to use the letter to line my wife’s bird cage.
What a friggin’ joke.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I sent mine in on dec26 and just received them about a week ago.Had called about month and a half ago and they said it was entered in the system and that i should get them in 2 weeks so about 1.5 monts later still no papers called back and they sent them out got them back in two days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top