Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 10:56:31 AM EDT
I havent checked in here at ARFCOM in a while and I havent looked into this since about  July, and I was just going to see how the fight was going. Is there any new news on the AWB sunset in Sept?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#1]
yes...we only have a little over a week left!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#2]
www.awbansunset.com

Right there on that page they(he?) post newspaper articles and stuff.  There is nothing there that directly suggest that a new ban will happen immediately.  In fact, it seems like a lot of people have waded though the Brady B.S. and now realize that the 94 ban was nearly if not totally worthless.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks great link
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Are there even enough days for legislators to renew the AWB?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#5]
wait and see
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#6]
If 4 days is enough, then yes.  Congress will be in session tues. thru fri. i think.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Argg! Patientence is truly a virtue........ that I do not have.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I have no idea how the Gov works. What would be needed to extend/renew this silly ban?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have no idea how the Gov works. What would be needed to extend/renew this silly ban?

Likely more time than 4 days of legislature.

After that they would need to pass new legislature.  ......and that depends upon our willingness to let our representatives know how we feel.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Was watching news coverage on Frances earlier today and they were discussing FEMA funding with some congressman or senator. He said that FEMA's funds were tapped and that they would have to pass  more funding for FEMA to take care of the Frances victims. That should help occupy them for a little while. To bad it has to be circumstances like this to help us out though.May all the victims get the help they need.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Was watching news coverage on Frances earlier today and they were discussing FEMA funding with some congressman or senator. He said that FEMA's funds were tapped and that they would have to pass  more funding for FEMA to take care of the Frances victims. That should help occupy them for a little while. To bad it has to be circumstances like this to help us out though.May all the victims get the help they need.

Senator Feinstein:

'At this time, I would like to introduce an amendment to the hurricane disaster relief bill which is germane to the overriding issue of safety to the american public...'
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:12:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Senator Feinstein:

'At this time, I would like to introduce an amendment to the hurricane disaster relief bill which is germane to the overriding issue of safety to the american public...'

Sounds like she's really grasping for straws, now. Even so, that statement (I can guess what she was "introducing") really disgusts me. Bitch.

--cfors
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Senator Feinstein:

Sounds like she's really grasping for straws, now. Even so, that statement (I can guess what she was "introducing") really disgusts me. Bitch.

--cfors

Ummmm, it's called "Writer's Embellishment."
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Argg! Patientence is truly a virtue........ that I do not have.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top