Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2001 7:44:21 AM EDT
Can it be transfered in to CA, provided all the "evil" features are removed?

Well?
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.

It is not on the list of AR/AK series rifles, and if it has the appropriate amount of evil features, you are fine.  Check the caag.state.ca.us website for the SB23 regulations regarding evil features, and you are fine.  Many stores are selling these as "replacements" for the Assault Weapons, so here in the PRK, these are moving quite nicely.  

Civilian Marksmanship Program... HERE I COME!
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#2]
They are one of the few guns not on the ban list, Turners and other stores sell them.

I really miss the good ol' days, like about 2 years ago.[:(!]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#3]
At the risk of being flamed by atheists...  Amen, Brother Chaingun, Amen!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Rowgan,

It is not on the Roberti-Roos list yet so the only thing you need to worry about is SB23. This means you must remove the factory standard flash hider and replace it with Springfield's muzzle brake or something similar. If you don't do this, you will be breaking CA law by importing a banned assault weapon. Silly huh?

I should state that I'm in CA and have done that rather than registering the M1A to keep the flash hider.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 1:30:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Effective January 1, 2000, Senate Bill 23, Statutes of 1999, establishes new criteria for defining assault weapons based on generic characteristics. This bill allows and requires persons who own/possess firearms that fall under the new "assault weapon" definition to register those firearms with the Department of Justice during the one-year period between January 1, 2000 and December 31, 2000. Effective January 1, 2000, this bill adds Penal Code Section 12276.1 to the Penal Code as follows.

12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.

Actually to bring in the M1A to Kali, only the flash suppressor needs to be removed...The M1A can legally be transfered into CA without ANYTHING attached to the threads....But adding anything other than Springfields Muzzle break or any other approved break(as if there are any according to ATF!)once the M1A is in Kali is no-no.
Under SB23...if you remove the factory flash supp...you are not required to register... Therefore you can shoot the rifle legally with NOTHING on the threads....You are not legally required to add a Springfield muzzle break or anything else to the M1A to make it legal... Springfield is doing it because the muzzle break helps in recoil and it hides the threads!...I don't think that a break is required by law...

Boy am I glad I got my loaded M1A with 3 20rd mags and loaded coupon that had a limit on 10  20rd mags for $29ea back in '96!!! You better believe I bought the max amount of 10!!! Paid $999 at Turners!! With ca tax and dros it came out to under $1100....

Now Turners has M1A's for over $1400!
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 1:10:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes it is still legal, you just can't put a flash suppresor on it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes it is still legal, you just can't put a flash suppresor on it.
View Quote

when they get around to banning and confiscating the M1A in KA.  Send them to me.  I will happily care for your "babies" as if they were my own! [:p]

D@mn I'm glad I dont live in KA! And I wish there werent so many idiots there to vote for this sort of Sh!t! [whacko]

Louis
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Legal for now but who knows tomorrow.
Get them while you can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top