Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2001 4:31:09 PM EDT
I have found a whole truck load of references for "18 U.S.C. 922(x)" and "18 U.S.C. 922(b)(1)", regarding posession of handguns by 18 to 21 year olds. My problem is finding the [i]actual[/i] law? I need to find the actual wording, not cliffs notes or adlibbed version. A website is fine but I'd prefer a .gov address as it would be a little more authentic.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/922.html[/url] is one of the better places around.  Just because federal law says you cant buy your pistol or ammo from an FFL doesnt mean you cant buy your gear through a private sale (check your local laws first!).

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Kharn, thanks, that was a HUGE help. I had come accross lots of chopped up versions in my search. They all had the Title 18 US codes referrenced, but I couldn't find the complete text. Thanks again.

Arkansas has no state posession law saying you must be 21. I found that out in my research also. I am going to take this info to several friends of mine to show them. I wish I had known I could have had a handgun when I turned 18, or else I would have started sooner. [:)]

I am going to have to spread this info around a bit here, though. Me, 3 cop friends of mine, a corrections guy, a lawyer, and 1 FFL I've talked with all did not know it was legal for 18 y/o to possess handguns. Who'd a thunk it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Washington state law says a minor ages 18-20 can own a handgun in his permanent residence, his place of business (if it is HIS business), or and property owned and controlled by him.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#4]
check out www.gunlaws.com
Top Top