Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2002 9:18:49 AM EDT
Can any one point me to an actual citation or posting of ATF position concerning exactly what constitutes a permanently attached muzzle break. I have a couple of threaded barrels I want to install breaks on. I intend to pin the break in place and am looking for any specific requirements with respect to the diameter of the pin, how deep must I drill into the barrel, and finally what exactly is required to constitute a "blind" pin. I have heard a wide variety of opinions, but I would like an actual citation if possible.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never seen an actual response for that, but the overwhelming conclusion is that they should be damn-near permanent with no easy way to remove them.

If you pin the thing on with a 1/16" roll pin, then weld the pin holes (you can file the welds to make it look untouched) you will be golden.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top