Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2002 3:19:01 PM EDT
I am CT resident.  It looks like in the last legislative session, there was a clarification of CT law that makes it a felony to possess AK's(anthing that looks like one) MAC-9,10,11's or anything that looks like a Thompson.

You can keep them if you register with the state before oct 2003, but the clincher is you have to prove you bought it before May 8, 2002

I have a Norinco MAC-90 that I bought in 91 or 92.  I have absolutely no way of proving it though.  

*sigh*
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#1]
While many are going to disagree with my statement. I say either move out of that sate. Or stay and fight this bullshit and while you are staying and fighting the bullshit. Go to other states that will sell you AK Clones.

In MD (Where I am a resident, but live in DE half the year) You have to register AR's and AK's as handguns and take classes to buy them. Fuck MD and FUCK the MD state police. I go to other states to buy them.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#2]
If you live in CT, I'll take your guns to hold.  I will not fire them EVER.  They will be stored in my closet with my personal collection.  All you have to do is call or e-mail me when you are going to come up to get them (I can drive to the edge of Maine/NH border for your convienence) That way you can keep your collection.

I love how they say you can keep it as long as  you register it by this date as long as you prove it was purchased by this date...Back door gun banning.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 7:13:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Fire off a letter to the NRA thanking them for dropping the fight in California. California is the USA importer of unconstitutional gun bans. It's certainly not Texas.

California has infected WA, OR, NJ, CT. Displaced CA liberals will also start on AZ if not already. Also, make sure you  back the candidates for NRA board who support aggressive actions against illegal CA gun bans and the CA infections to other states and at the federal level (Boxer and Finestein).

Status-quo works OK in the short-term for RKBA in Texas and CCW in Vermont. However, it is strangling CA and, in the long term, spreads the infection outward.

This status-quo issue is the part that Wayne and Charlton Heston just don't get yet (nor do most of the executives and board of the NRA including Tanya).
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Bihsop,

I appreciate the offer, but I am going to just get rid of it.  If it gets any worse, I'll take you up on storge.

I put it up on gunsamerica the other day.

Had a few bites, 1 of them tells me directly he's got an old felony wrap and that his wife will actually take posession of it.

What is with these guys?

doesn't he understand that I can't sell the rifle to him knowing that his wife is just a man in the middle?

am I the crazy one here?
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#5]
M4,

I'd love to move on out, but you know the story, I'm tied to this state, job etc...

-sean
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#6]
What are you asking for the MAK90?
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bihsop,

I appreciate the offer, but I am going to just get rid of it.  If it gets any worse, I'll take you up on storge.

I put it up on gunsamerica the other day.

Had a few bites, 1 of them tells me directly he's got an old felony wrap and that his wife will actually take posession of it.

What is with these guys?

doesn't he understand that I can't sell the rifle to him knowing that his wife is just a man in the middle?

am I the crazy one here?
View Quote

Sounds like a BATF setup to me.

Send me the link to your gunsamerica ad.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't want to get spanked by the admin's, not sure if I am allowed to link something I am selling here.

I'd email you, but you're profile doesn't allow me to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top