Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2002 4:19:07 PM EDT
Here's a cut&paste of the committee summary for CA AB2580:

1)Requires the DOJ, for every person, firm, or corporation to whom a permit is issued to possess or manufacture short-barreled rifles or shotguns, assault weapons, machine guns, and destructive devices, to annually inspect for security, safe storage purposes, and to reconcile inventory.

2)Provides that a person, firm, or corporation with an inventory of fewer than five devices that require a DOJ permit shall be subject to an inspection for security, safe storage purposes, and to reconcile inventory once every five years, or more frequently as determined by the DOJ.

It passed the assembly committee on 4/2. I sure hate be an inspector who must go around and knock on doors. I see this bill as nothing more than a purposfully and disgusting setup for a tragic incident to occur for a call to outright ban.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#1]
If you notice, the list includes any firearm registered as an assault weapon under Roberti-Roos or SB23. So, if you have five or more of these, this bill requires (shall) the CA DOJ to inspect your house yearly.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#2]
stator,

An individual is/was required to register their assault weapons.  No permit is/was required.

Permits are required for individuals or companies [b]doing business[/b] involving assault weapons and the other stuff, as well as for possession of SBR's, MG's, DD's and the like.  

I think you need to change the tinfoil in your cap.  The CIA mind-reading/thought control waves must have broken down the foil in there now.  Another thing.  Make sure you only walk on asphalt or concrete and stay away from any grass, trees, bushes, dirt and natural stone.  The Interlopers are in there and if they touch you, they will take control of your mind.  No amount of tinfoil will save you then...[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 9:25:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Posted by sator...
CA AB2580:

1)Requires the DOJ, for every person, firm, or corporation to whom a permit is issued to possess or manufacture short-barreled rifles or shotguns, assault weapons, machine guns, and destructive devices, to annually inspect for security, safe storage purposes, and to reconcile inventory.

2)Provides that a person, firm, or corporation with an inventory of fewer than five devices that require a DOJ permit shall be subject to an inspection for security, safe storage purposes, and to reconcile inventory once every five years, or more frequently as determined by the DOJ.
View Quote

Yup... more gun grabbing, freedom-trampling legislation authored by those evil Kalifornia Libertarians!

When will they stop???  [;)]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#4]
It's the Interlopers!  They control the Legislature!  Run for the shopping malls!  Nothing alive or natural in those places.  Yup, yup, yup.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#5]
DaveG, I use to think you were just a grouch, but now I see you are truely an arsehole.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Just to clarify, this bill does not authorize home inspections of individuals who registered AWs.

The only change this bill makes to existing law is to specify how often inspection of permit holders (e.g., movie prop companies) takes place.

Permit holders are already subject to inspection and have been for at least 14 years (see the regs. on the DOJ website).  If you are an individual who registered an AW under Roberti Roos or SB23, this does not make you a permit holder.

Even if you are an individual who applied for and obtained a permit for non-commercial use of an AW, this bill does not apply to you.  This bill only affects the frequency of inspections of permit holders who hold permits in connection with a business.

Finally, the bill is contingent on the legislature appropriating funds for the inspections.  Given the 17 billion dollar deficit, this bill doesn't have much of a chance in my opinion.

When this bill came up in a previous post on another forum I got a lot of s**t for pointing out that the bill did not authorize home inspections of registered AW owners.  I recognize that there are politicians in Cal. who would like to ban and confiscate AWs, but I just don't think this legislation is part of their scheme.

Ed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top