Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2002 8:43:54 AM EDT
At the Gun show this weekend I bought some various junk off a guy.  Included in the bag of goodies at the bottom, were several 40mm smoke, parchute flares, & dummy rounds. He never mentioned that they were in the bag of stuff I bought, and none are HE or any type of explosive ordinance.

1) are these legal due to being 40mm?
2) If not, what is the proper way of disposing of them.  Will the WD 40 bath on the primers work? I don't want the propelant charge to be a danger in throwing them into the trash.

I have no use for them any way, but I don't want to get into any trouble before I destroy them, or give them away.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 12:29:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#2]
if your going to give em away ill take a dummy round hell ill pay the shipping
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#3]
obershutze916,

Like cyrax777, I would also be interested in the rounds if you are getting rid of them.

If you want, I may have some stuff to trade you for the 40MM rounds, just to be fair about it.

[rocket]

I'm in Western, PA

Ed
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry it took so long to get back here.  Sick baby at home right now.

After Troys first post I gave the grenades away to a friend of mine that collects military ordinace/ammo etc.

I seem to come up with these 40mm smoke and flares about three to four times a year.  Guys are always giving them to me along with military gear they don't need since they "just got out of the army"

I usually give them to a class III dealer at what ever show I am selling at.  I never realized that, A) they were legal, & B) there was that much interest in them.

In the future, when I get more I will post here on the forum and will give them to anyone willing to pay the shipping.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top