Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2002 1:28:16 PM EDT
Help regarding the law.  Some people say that the AR-15 bolt can be converted to an M-16 bolt by an "adapter".  Is this still legal?  Zeke
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm, I know that if you have atleast one M16 part, even if its not in your AR15, its the same as owning a M16. I would think a converted bolt would be the same as a M16 bolt, even tho technically it isnt. Plus the places that sell these conversion parts usually say "all NFA rules apply." So unless you own a registered M16 I wouldnt risk buying one.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Are we talking Bolts or Bolt carriers here?

If it's bolts what is the difference?
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster sells a Bolt Carrier converter to anyone that can show them a copy of a M16 registration form or to any FFL holder.

The bolts are the same only the carrier is different
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top