Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2002 3:23:28 PM EDT
Is the A2 birdcage classified as a grenade launcher in CA?  If so can you put a grenade launcher on a post-ban weapon in CA?  I’m thinking that there is a problem with that, however I did not find any part of our DWC laws that said that a flash suppressor or muzzle device is considered a Destructive Device.  

Do 37mm flair launchers count as Destructive Devices in CA?
- Sulaco
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The A2 style is both a flash suppressor and a grenade launcher in the eyes of the ATF.  It is not by itself considered a destructive device, however.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:57:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, thanks for clearing that up guys,
I knew it was a grenade launcher but wanted to find out if it was legal to have on my FAB10 in the PRK.  I should have the gun together by next week or so, so at least I don’t need to buy a new flash hider.  

Well if I can’t have magazines then I guess I’ll have to settle with having the telescoping stock, bayonet lug, flash suppressor and grenade launcher [;)]

At least for 10 rounds at a time it will feel like a real preban [:D]

I’ll have pictures n stuff after I get it together and take it to the range.
- Sulaco
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:22:45 AM EDT
[#4]
You can modify the A2 bird cage by drilling out the inside and brazing a sleeve plus brazing an outer ring to extend the outside diameter slightly. You will need a lathe and the ability to repark for this. I've seen it done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top