Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2002 6:43:28 PM EDT
This is specifically for Steve-in-VA although all comments are appreciated. Here are the applicable statutes of NC law.

(a)It shall be unlawful for any person to carry any gun,
rifle, or pistol into any assembly where a fee has been charged
for admission thereto, or into any establishment in which
alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed.  Any person violating
the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1
misdemeanor.

Definition of Admission (dictionary.com)
1. The act of admitting or allowing to enter.
2. The state of being allowed to enter.
3. Right to enter; access.
4. The price required or paid for entering; an entrance fee.
5. A confession, as of having committed a crime.
6. A voluntary acknowledgment of truth.
7. A fact or statement granted or admitted; a concession.

Questions below.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#1]
1. If you do not pay admission (passes given by the theater) is it legal to carry?

2. If you do not pay admission someone else does (like a wife or friend) is it legal to carry?

3. Does a movie theater charge admission or a is it a fee for viewing a perticular movie and therefore not included in this law?

Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#3]
My thoughts on the movies is that you are not paying an admission you are paying a fee to view the movie. My reasons for this are many.

1. You can enter (at least the theater I go to) and buy at the concession stand and pay no fee to enter the building.

2. The money for your ticket is split with the movie makers per viewing so that is what you are actually paying for.

3. Most "assemblies" that you goto that charge admission (best example is the state fair) you pay for entrance but you also pay for rides (similer to viewing a movie) seperatly one is an admission fee the other is a use fee.

4. If I am paying an admission fee for the theater why can I not go at noon and watch all the movies I want for the one admission fee? or at least sit in the one theater and view the movie over and over again? (not that I would watch the same movie over and over but it is to illistrate the point)
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 2:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
BTT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top