Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2002 7:32:23 AM EDT
I may be moving from Georgia to Wisconsin,
anyone from WI who can tell me if I can use my AR & AK up there, or Hi Cap mags? Anything I should know?
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#1]
You are good to go.

WI doesn't have CHL's but that is about all that is restricted, NFA is legal with the apropriate federal say-so's

EDIT: of course there are hunting regulations if you are going to use them in that manner.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:43:31 AM EDT
[#2]
OLY-M4gery:
Thanks for the input - the move may not be that bad after all. Georgia is easy going, I was afraid I'd have to sell my guns......
Does WI require me to regester or get any ID Card?
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:47:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Not all of WI is Class 3 friendly though. Walworth County will not sign for Class 3 stuff.

Found that out the hard way.

No need to register or get an ID. I belive all you need is a valid drivers license.

Av.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup Avalon you are right. There will always be some local say so, which can be good or bad.

Also municipalities can pass rules about discharges of weapons within city or village limits. So you should check on that when you know where you are going to be living.

Register?? you mean like registering weapons? or getting a FOID type card? No WI State requirement to do that either.

One thing you may want to consider is that weapons must be cased and unloaded to be transported. (preferably out of reach like in a trunk or "way back" of an SUV)
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:58:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks All,
I was directed to this link:
http://www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/state/viewstate.asp?state=wi that gave me even more details on WI gun laws. It won't be that bad I guess.....
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Note:
That link was helpful - tho looking at all that Brady Crap made me feel ill........
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 4:38:04 PM EDT
[#7]
lots of good people in WI like Chip who took me shooting and cursed me with the bug of AR / FAL etc.

Lots of bad politicians, vote them out.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top