Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2002 4:06:00 PM EDT
I was talking to my wife last night about the war on terrorism. We where talking about all the things that have been going on. Now my wife knows that I would join the Marines if there was a draft.

I was asking her when is the time when you lesion to that voice in your head that says it's time for action? I have a wife and son right now and I know that my son will be proud of his father if I do die (I know him he is just like me.)

I just want to know when is the time a person has to say that he has taken enough and it's time to join?

My wife and I are having a hard time about this right now. I'm looking to join the military if I don't get a PD job soon, so I just don't know what to do. Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
tayous1, the ILLINOIS STATE POLICE are looking for a few good men... Have you applied? Perhaps you can do service for the greater good, and stay close to home.

[8D]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
tayous1, the ILLINOIS STATE POLICE are looking for a few good men... Have you applied? Perhaps you can do service for the greater good, and stay close to home.

[8D]
View Quote

I think they take collage to get in to? I don't ahve the money of time for collage right now but I would like to do it. Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:52:54 PM EDT
[#3]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#4]
tayous -

New Mexico State Police is very actively and aggressively recruiting right now.  Don't remember their phone # or url but they can be obtained from 800-555-1212 & Google.

marsh
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 5:14:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:02:56 AM EDT
[#6]
iNuhBaDNayburhood it looks like a nice school and I'm getting info on it although I don't know if I could get in.

Right now the only bad thing about looking in another state for a job is that I just a  year lease out on an apartment and that will not be over with until Feb 15 2003.

It's to bad the Dallas county PD got back to me so late I send in my application about 3 or 4 months ago and they called me just last month wanting me to join at this time I had the contract all filled out so there was nothing I could do at that time.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#7]
btt
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 1:43:24 AM EDT
[#8]
If you join the Marines, you have very little control over where you will serve.  So you may not even get to kill muslims.

Join the police, and you get to profile them all day long.  -just kidding

Just decide what you want to do the most, then do it.  Figure out a plan of action and stick with it.  No matter what the sacrifice, no matter what people say, No matter how long it takes.  Persistance is the only guarantee of success.  

You only live once, and the world is already too full of people who will die with regrets.

And when you are a cop, cut people some slack, will ya.  Especially if they have pro-gun bumper stickers.  Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top