Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2002 8:18:09 AM EDT
The local newspaper was doing a story on a National Guard unit that just came back from a tour of duty in Kuwait. They were protecting an air base or something like that. Anywho, the pictures that showed the unit hugging their families also showed their weapons slung over their backs. All of the weapons that I saw were M-4's. I thought the standard issue weapon was the M-16A2. Did the military completely convert to the M-4?
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#1]
The M-4 is primarily issued to leaders and anyone who carries a heavy load (Assistant Gunner, RTO, ETC.).
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:30:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The army is going to M4 for just about everyone.  The Marine Corps is still making up its mind but more than likely will go to the M16A4
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably, but I hope not.

Kyle
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#4]
My Corporation considers them "Standard Issue" for our security team.[;)]

Don't ask, because it can't tell you.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Seeing about the black beret fiasco, they will probably issue everyone M4's so they can feel special.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 5:08:05 PM EDT
[#6]
They are currently transitioning over to the m4 as standard issue.  People who pull the trigger get them first.  Sadly, even here in the 82nd we still have to maintain a few m16s that probanbly saw action in Panama so every one can have a weapon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top