Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2002 12:44:09 AM EDT
This is great. When we renewed, one got American Rifleman, the other got American Hunter.

So today, I took American Rifleman to work, and what do I see on page 33?  

A full page ad for Rguns.net, the '"Sportswereus Inc." people from Illinois.
All kinds of mags in anything from "Clean Used" to "Very Good to Excellent" condition.  

Did they ever c;ean up their act?

These guys are not to be confused with the reputable Rguns.com in Texas.

Link Posted: 3/5/2002 7:51:03 AM EDT
[#1]
^
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 7:53:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I've ordered from the RGuns you're speaking about, and I have not had any problems.  I have purchased the teflon 20- and 30-round magazines.  Very Nice!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is great. When we renewed, one got American Rifleman, the other got American Hunter.

So today, I took American Rifleman to work, and what do I see on page 33?  

A full page ad for Rguns.net, the '"Sportswereus Inc." people from Illinois.
All kinds of mags in anything from "Clean Used" to "Very Good to Excellent" condition.  

Did they ever c;ean up their act?

These guys are not to be confused with the reputable Rguns.com in Texas.

View Quote

Alert? For what? They never screwed me & it looks like they never screwed you. So alert someone else.
GG
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
Alert? For what? They never screwed me & it looks like they never screwed you. So alert someone else.
GG
View Quote

Same here. I've spent many $1000.00's at R Guns over the past 10 years purchasing guns/parts/ammo and been perfectly satisfied with each and every order.

Why spread this negativity?

-
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 4:30:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
...So alert someone else.
GG
View Quote

I'm glad that your experience went OK.  That's the way it should be.

If someone does a search on "RGuns", they will be able to decide for themselves.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:01:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:22:14 AM EDT
[#9]
KMA has the WORST service skills i have ever dealt with..  he is the reason i WILL NEVER spend another dime at rguns, and will discourage everyone i know to do so. every time i dealt with them, i was treated like some kind of idiot.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I've ordered from them in the past, and their customer service was rough around the edges, granted, but I got a great price on new, non-canadian thermolds and some ammo.  I can't say they were the most pleasant people, but it did sound like they were very busy, so I give them the benefit of the doubt.

However, I [i]have[/i] seen KMA post on here, and he, if he really works for RGUNS, is about the worst public relations liability a company can have. Total jackass.[flame]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#11]
They suck. I use to live by where they are at just to tell you the town there in is now a big drug town.

Anyway I have gone in there once and had a Gang banger tracing me with a handgun and pulling the trigger that the guy behind the gun counter let him see. At this time I had gone up to the guy and asked him no to be doing that with a firearm.

The guy behind the counter told me to relax it was not loaded and they both laugh about it. I asked to talk to the manger and he said the same thing to me as the guy behind the counter. Anyway that is the last time I'll ever go there or buy anything from them.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:30:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Let me just say that I find their customer relations a mite lacking.

I once received an unsolicited email from them with a two-word message:  "FUCK YOU"

This was after I responded to a question on the board about which gunshops in the general Chicago area would be good, and which to stay away from.

I'll let you guess which category I now place them.
View Quote

Anyone in the Chicago area should go to the following Shop.  

Village Sports on Central and Bussie.  

Good place to hang out.  
c-rock
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let me just say that I find their customer relations a mite lacking.

I once received an unsolicited email from them with a two-word message:  "FUCK YOU"

This was after I responded to a question on the board about which gunshops in the general Chicago area would be good, and which to stay away from.

I'll let you guess which category I now place them.
View Quote

Anyone in the Chicago area should go to the following Shop.  

Village Sports on Central and Bussie.  

Good place to hang out.  
c-rock
View Quote

Another good place is GAT gun's in East Dundee. The have a lot of rentals and a nice range and good people.

Just say away from the young guy's when your asking about gun's they say 44mag or 45acp for everything. Hell I saw one trying to sell a 70 year old woman a 3 inch 44mag as a self defense pistol. But in all it's a good place to go.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why spread this negativity?

-
View Quote

To alert people to possibilities like this, maybe? :
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=99284[/url]

Take your head out of the sand, man.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:08:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've ordered from them in the past, and their customer service was rough around the edges, granted, but I got a great price on new, non-canadian thermolds and some ammo.  I can't say they were the most pleasant people, but it did sound like they were very busy, so I give them the benefit of the doubt.

However, I [i]have[/i] seen KMA post on here, and he, if he really works for RGUNS, is about the worst public relations liability a company can have. Total jackass.[flame]
View Quote

KMA is RGUNS.
But I don't think he holds the FFL anymore[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top