Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2002 5:31:36 PM EDT
unofficial score. They posted the answer key and compared it to the sheet of answers I was allowed to bring home.  So that puts me in the upper 90 percentile (96.47%).

Sorry, just had to ramble.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#1]
[beer]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#2]
COngratulations Vinnie! I hope NY's finest gets another AR15.commer...

Now go throw down a couple Corona's and don't drink and drive home.[:D]

Good luck on your future employment,
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]

Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Vinnie,
  I don't want to put you down but, have you tried other dept's, Suffolk, Nassau, Westchester, Port Authority? If I could start over, thats the way I would go, without question. But good luck.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:16:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Vinnie,
  I don't want to put you down but, have you tried other dept's, Suffolk, Nassau, Westchester, Port Authority? If I could start over, thats the way I would go, without question. But good luck.
View Quote

Many years back, I took that Nassau County PO exam that they held in places like the Nassau Colusium and Madison Square Garden.  A few days later the new reported Moderator sleeping and people talking on cell phones during the exam.  The County just threw out the test.  No refund, no chance to take another exam, just took my 75 bucks and said "buhbye."

I won't give anymore money to the counties.  30,000 people testing for 300 opening? at 100 bucks a pop? hmmm, can you smell shell game?

Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice shootin' Vinnie.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Way to go Vinnie, lets hope some goody two shoe "program" doesn't knock you out of line......
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No refund, no chance to take another exam, just took my 75 bucks and said "buhbye."
View Quote

You had to [i]pay[/i] to take the exam?  Looong time ago I took the exam for San Diego PD, during a summer break while in college.  Don't remember having to pay for it?  Anyway congrats!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 10:43:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You had to [i]pay[/i] to take the exam?  Looong time ago I took the exam for San Diego PD, during a summer break while in college.  Don't remember having to pay for it?  Anyway congrats!
View Quote

Not just pay.  I can understand some filing costs, have to pay the moderators, etc but 75 (now 100) bucks? It just doesn't sit well with me. Not with amount of openings to the amount of testers ration.  Thankfully, this test was a freebie.  Hopefully I get called.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 10:50:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Hopefully I get called
View Quote

Oh, you'll get called alright! I would bet my life on it.

I won't give anymore money to the counties. 30,000 people testing for 300 opening? at 100 bucks a pop?
View Quote

I understand what your saying, paying 100 bucks with tough odds of getting the job. But to make over 100K a year at top pay with a little O/T.

Good Luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top