Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2002 2:21:34 PM EDT
My job may soon allow me to spend several months in another country.  Possibly somewhere in North Europe or Latin America.  My question is, I know that I won't be doing a lot of shooting when I'm there, and bringing my own guns would probably be more trouble than it's worth for that ammount of time, but...

Do any of ya'll know of any countries that have gun laws similar to, or more reasonable than, the US?  I know that some Eropean countries have outlawed handguns altogether, and that's no good.  Just wanted to hear what y'all have to say.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 2:42:47 PM EDT
[#2]
None......Well, maybe Switzerland.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 3:06:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, for northern Europe i can recommend Finland as an excellent choice.

Link Posted: 3/1/2002 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Private ownership of semiauto rifles and handguns is possible in the Netherlands. But you'd have to be a Dutch citizen and willing to jump trough the hoops.

yeah, finland is a better option I admit
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Kuiper,

You're making a mistake there. You don't have to have a dutch passport. I know several foreign guys (American, Norwegian, English...)who don't but still have a permit.

SOG,

As an alternative country I'd suggest you look into Norway as well.

Cheers,
RG.nl
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:01:24 AM EDT
[#6]
A buddy of mine spent a year in Buenos Aires on a tele communications job, and hell, many people there carried small sawed off shotguns, the women had an even smaller purse version! He brought one home and they are pretty ultilitarian, but works.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top