Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2009 6:19:31 PM EDT
Ive got a Samsung LCD and Dish network.  My Menus and Guide all fit the TV well, as well as my 360 and BluRay, but the channels aren't fitting the screen, the top and sides are getting cut off.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have HD service??
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea, I actually just looked into that.

It is on the HD channels only
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't remeber from work what Samsungs button is but on the sonys its the "wide" button. You will want to put it on "wide" mode.

Its probably on wide zoom or zoom now.
If you post a pic of your remote I can tell you what button it is.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are on a HD channel and the sides are cut off it is because what ever is on in not in HD but in the older format.  They are just filling up their programming day.  If the content is in HD then you just need to look for an "aspect" or "wide" or "zoom" button to adjust your tv to your preference.  Also some "wide screen" versions of shows will have the bars on the top and bottom.
Another possibility is that your HD input device might be set to 480i or 720p and you tv is expecting 1080

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are using the "stock" Dish remote the button on the absolute farest lower left controls the aspect ratio for the Dish receiver....

ETA: it is the * button called format.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If you are using the "stock" Dish remote the button on the absolute farest lower left controls the aspect ratio for the Dish receiver....

Found it!!!

Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If youj are on a HD channel and the sides are cut off it is because what ever is on in not in HD but in the older format.  They are just filling up their programming day.  If the content is in HD then you just need to look for an "aspect" or "wide" or "zoom" button to adjust your tv to your preference.  Also some "wide screen" versions of shows will have the bars on the top and bottom.

Another possibility is that your HD input device might be set to 480i or 720p and you tv is expecting 1080  

Yep... I was trying to check the easiest things first. I figure that someone can sit on the remote and change the "zoom" mode on the tv.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Can you post a pic that I don't need a microscope for?
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#10]
You got it good.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#11]
It was a DISH problem, not a TV problem I think.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top