Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2009 9:15:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#1]
You certainly should.  let them know you pre-coordinated it with management and staff.  You should get it taken off your bill as well as a free night or two.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Try to work it out with that particular location first.  Take it to corporate if you are still unsatisfied.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:21:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I mean, blade at 45 degrees and scream, "YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY MONEY!"
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:24:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

they don't handle cash, they probably swiped bama's credit card at check in
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:25:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try to work it out with that particular location first.  Take it to corporate if you are still unsatisfied.

I tried, they hit me for full night and would not change it.

I would call corporate.  I have had some similiar issues, not major, with Marriott.  I called corporate and they fixed it while I was on the phone.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Do you remember the names of who told you it wouldn't be a problem? Might be a good place to start.

Several times I've done the same thing with no problem. Last week I stayed at a Comfort Suites and they had a sign saying you could stay longer for $30.00.

If they promised you could stay you should make some phone calls, for the most part I've found major hotel chains to be very accomodating.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

they don't handle cash, they probably swiped bama's credit card at check in

Since when does blading have anything to do with reason?

Seriously, Bama, don't be an jackass about it, but take it to corporate.  If that doesn't work you might be able to have your credit card company investigate the charge.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:34:03 AM EDT
[#11]
They count on people not complaining as their companies will reimburse them.  I've had trouble with Marriott for the same BS.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:36:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I tried, they hit me for full night and would not change it.

I would call corporate.  I have had some similiar issues, not major, with Marriott.  I called corporate and they fixed it while I was on the phone.

Same people.

Marriot pissed me off this year too.  I was platinum with them this year, staying in hotels literally for months for work.  My rewards card had gone inactive because I hadn't stayed with them for a couple years prior, but I didn't notice it until like april and by that time I already had 4-5 stays since the first of the year, so I called them up to have them add those stays to my account.  They threw this big fit like I was trying to cheat them and ended up saying "We'll make the change to your account this one time, but we're going to put a note in your account file that this courtesy will not be extended again".  Well fuck you guys then, change your fucking literature all over your hotels that says you can call the fucking 800 number and they will add previous stays to your account.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:37:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So I attended a three day class this week. The Mrs went with me. When we checked in I informed the management I would be checking out late on the last day because of the time class would be over and the Mrs needing a place to stay till I picked her up. I told them again the next day and the morning of the last day. They told me it would either be no charge or a nominal fee.

Go to check out and they charged me for a whole day. Check out time is 12:00 p.m., we checked out at 3:36 p.m. Hotel was not booked up, lot's of empty rooms.

Should I send corpoate a note?

Are you sure it was 3:36 ?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Hotels is something I know about.   What Hotel?           They all have specific late checkout times.  For example Holiday inn is 2pm for priority club members.  I can sometimes stretch it until 2:30 but the maids will yell and give me the stink-eye.

The Wynn in LAS was hardcore 12:00 noon. Wouldn't budge.

Nobody gives 3:30  The only way you can do it is if you check out ahead of time, but leave the door propped open and sneak back in.

It's not a matter of whether they have empty rooms.  I causes them grief, because the maids have certain shifts.

Basically, you are looking for a free pressure washer.  

Corporate will probably take it off your bill if you squeal loud enough, but are you in the right?   No.  Definitely not, unless they specifically told you late checkout was 4:00pm.

BTW- The Marriot rewards program sucks.  Thats why I became a Priority Club Whore.  I have something like 30 free stays accumulated, so I have that going for me.......which is nice.......
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:40:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:43:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:45:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hotels is something I know about.   What Hotel?           They all have specific late checkout times.  For example Holiday inn is 2pm for priority club members.  I can sometimes stretch it until 2:30 but the maids will yell and give me the stink-eye.

Nobody gives 3:30  The only way you can do it is if you check out ahead of time, but leave the door propped open and sneak back in.

You are looking for a free pressure washer.  

We've done it before, no problem. I tip the maids $5 a day, no issues there.  I have close to a 100,000 points on my rewards card.

Oh, I even told them it would be close to 4:00 to 4:30.

You tip the maids? Really? People do that?

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:45:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Hell yes you should send corporate a note.

I was at a trade show back in October and the hotel we all stayed at was ripping us off for eveything they could think of. Tired of it, we decided to check out 4 days early and move to a nicer (and cheaper) place across the street.

The front desk tried to charge us $50 a day as an "early check out fee" for each day we had remaining in our reservation. Not only did we refuse to pay it, but the corporate office of the place got a nastygram.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We've done it before, no problem. I tip the maids $5 a day, no issues there.  I have close to a 100,000 points on my rewards card.

Sounds like some managers have been willing to extend the courtesy, but I seriously doubt there is any official 4:00 late check out.  

If you told a manager it would be 4:00 and you got a verbal approval, I guess it puts you in the right, but you should have wrote down their name.    Did you try to work it out with the front desk when you checked out?

I ran into your situation once, and we compromised on a half day.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So I attended a three day class this week. The Mrs went with me. When we checked in I informed the management I would be checking out late on the last day because of the time class would be over and the Mrs needing a place to stay till I picked her up. I told them again the next day and the morning of the last day. They told me it would either be no charge or a nominal fee.

Go to check out and they charged me for a whole day. Check out time is 12:00 p.m., we checked out at 3:36 p.m. Hotel was not booked up, lot's of empty rooms.

Should I send corpoate a note?

I would have said something at the time of the charge; however, yes, I'd send corporate something.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#23]
shoulda found the worst smelling bum you could and congratulate on his free night stay.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It was the same old woman I had talked to about it everyday.

Did you get her name?  Always get a name.  Sounds more professional then saying "The Old Lady said......."

Try calling her directly.   It sounds like she may have made promises beyond her paygrade.  If she was authorised to allow it, she is authorised to fix it.

Or call corporate and get her in hot water.  It's really up to you, but I always feel it's nicer to give people the chance to rectify a situation directly.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You tip the maids? Really? People do that?  

If the place is clean, they honor the DND sign, dont f anything up, and speak English - like as a first language I will leave a couple bucks.  We were checking out right on the deadline once and were loading up the suitcases till probably 15 after.  The maids decided to knock on the open door every 5 minutes even though they could see us taking suitcases to the car and gathering our things.  So no tip for them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top