Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2002 2:32:13 PM EDT
A number of us ar15'ers are meeting at the Richmond Virginia gunshow this Saturday and having a shoot that afternoon for anyone interested.  The link to the thread under meetings & events is: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=90455&page=1[/url]

The shoot will be at my place again this year (until we find somewhere better).  There will be a number of class III firearms for you to try (1919's, M-16's, Mac's, etc.) in addition to 50's (Barrett and AR-50) and the obvious AR-15's.  There will be a cookout afterwards with refreshments.  We've always had a good time, so I hope those of you in Virginia can make it.  There's no cost, although you may want to bring food, drinks and ammo or be prepared to chip in for those who did.

E-mail me with questions.  A tack from moderators for a day or two would be nice, but I know this isn't the right forum.  Maybe we can keep it in the top page or two until Saturday?

Black Fox
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:19:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I will be at the shoot.  Please come on out and meet the members.  You will also be able to shoot some cool guns and see other people shoot them.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Btt
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#3]
You mentioned meeting at 11AM on March 2 in your post to head out to shoot.

I will be coming up from NC most likely, is this time set in stone right now or might you be able to slide it back a few hours for us out of staters? For example, 1:30 or something like that.

Let me know,

Robby
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 3:40:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 3:59:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Hope you can make it Robby.  Like VA-gunnut mentioned, we'll start shooting at my place around 1:00.  Sounds like the weather will be interesting!!  Hope to see you tomorrow.

Black Fox
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:57:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Weather report still says PM rain.  Hopefully that means around 6-7pm.  Temperature keeps going up.  Weather.com now says H-63 L-52  PM rain and wind.  doh.

Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:18:59 AM EDT
[#7]

So, is this a "rain or shine" event?

Hope I can get my M4gery back together by tomorrow. (why must I f with everything?!?)

What is the plan if we get a good dousing? BF, you have any covered facilities? Should people bring portable shelters?

I'd pray for no rain, but we are in drought conditions here...  

c-ya!
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:34:16 AM EDT
[#8]
If it does rain, it will probably be sprinkles and not much.  They predict maybe a tenth or around that in the DC area.  

I'm pretty sure it is on nomatter what.  If it is pouring, we can probably gather in the basement and talk about stuff.  

Since we really need the rain, do a postponement dance or delay dance.  [:D]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 1:08:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, if it does rain, we'll hope for the best.  I do have indoor facilities in case we do need to take shelter.  I'm sure we'll make the best of it either way.  The afternoon will not be cancelled due to weather, though.  Worst case scenario we can all at least get together and meet others in our State (or nearby).

Black Fox
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#10]
[url]http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=richmond%2C+va[/url]

I'll see you guys there. I'm brining up three friends, so it should be fun. My RRA AR-15 upper was actually physically BENT (luckily it shot fine, all shots were OFF though), so I sent that back to get replaced. My modified AK hasn't come back yet. So I should be brining up my shotgun and my 50AE ar-15 with some ammo.

Looking forward to shooting some FA stuff and the 50BMG. I'll bring some 9mm and .223.

Robby
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I hope everyone brings plenty of ammo.

BlackFox I feel bad for your neighbors, I would like to know what they think when you have these events.[:D]
View Quote

Most of his neighbors usually come over and shoot too.  

I usually go overboard and bring way more ammo then I tend to shoot.  I'm bringing less this time because I will probably spend most of my time shooting my 50, cleaning, shooting, cleaning etc.   Need to break it in semi correctly.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm coming!  And I'm bringing....my M4.

Blackfox, your home looks terrific! Thanks for hosting this event.

See you all there,

VirginiaM4
Springfield, VA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top