Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/28/2002 2:57:29 AM EDT
Found out on monday that my Sister who lost her husband (of 30 years) in January, to heart failure used her .357 to end her own life.

I don't know if I am more angry that she used her gun or that she did it, period.
She kept telling me that she was going to do it.
No note, no will no nuthin, just brains on the wall.

I'm just glad that no one else got hurt because she was talking about making the cops do it.

Suicide Watch and the local P.D. & SWAT had been to the house several times in the last 2 weeks.

Friends, I ask you to please pray for her.
[>:/] [V][>(][:X*]

Del(so many unanswered questions)marksman
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:13:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Del,

There are probably few things in life that cuase more pain & raise more unanswered & unanswerable questions than the suicide of a close friend or family member.

I hope you have some good friends, family and church or pastor to walk you through all this.

Jeff
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:16:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hear about that.  Our condolences go out to you and your family.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:18:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, Del, I will remember you, your sister, and your family in my prayers, as well.

Eric The(Saddened)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:18:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Del,  

You and your family have our prayers.

PRK

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:19:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I am truly sorry to hear that.  I feel sad for you.  This morning my whole family will be praying you.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:43:33 AM EDT
[#6]
This is the utmost saddest news I heard.

My prayers and condolences to you and to your family. I will pray for her.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:56:12 AM EDT
[#7]
You and yours, will be in my prayers. Sorry for your loss. [:(]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:56:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:03:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Del,

Prayers are being made now.

satcong out
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:03:18 AM EDT
[#10]
The love in one of us is the love in [b]all[/b] of us.  I pray He will provide peace for you.

I know you must be struggling with questions. Try to narrow your view as you grieve.

"To forgive is merely to remember only the loving thoughts you gave in the past, and those that were given you.  All the rest must be forgotten." - Marianne Williamson

Jim
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:12:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Del this is very tragic and I am so sorry. Just try to remember in all of this that it wasn't the gun's fault. If she was going to do it, she was going to find a way. Any way.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:28:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Del,
 I am so sorry that this happened.  I've already sent out prayers for you, your sister and your family.  I know that there are no words I can say that will ease your sorrow and anger.

Me & my family will pray for you.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:34:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Bruce,

I am SO sorry to hear about your sister's suicide.  We will say a special prayer for her.  Sometimes the pain is just too much.

I've faced this possiblity my self with a loved one.  It's important to remember what the psychologist told me  - if someone wants to kill themselves, there is NOTHING you can do to stop it.  If they don't use a gun, they will find something else.  (knives are #1).  I know that doesn't help, but don't blame yourself.  You can't stop someone that truely wants to kill themselves.

God Bless.

Paul E. Britton
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:41:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I am very sorry Del.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:45:51 AM EDT
[#15]
My sincere condolences.  [:(]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:48:24 AM EDT
[#16]
When one of us go, a little of all of us go as well. True immortality is in the memory of the person, and the passing of those memories on. Quickly move beyound the loss and live with the memeory of the life. Carry her love in your heart, and she will live through you always.

God Bless you and yours, Del.

Tony
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:06:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
She kept telling me that she was going to do it.

I'm just glad that no one else got hurt.... Friends, I ask you to please pray for her.
[>:/] [V][>(][:X*]

Del(so many unanswered questions)marksman
View Quote

You got hurt Del......I am so sorry to hear of this. My father chose this option many years ago. We really have no control over the choices of others. We (the survivors) are truly helpless in these circumstances. Go with your grief and your anger, (not too far), but know this. [b]it's not your fault![/b] She made the choice. [b]You[/b] are in my prayers......
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:13:16 AM EDT
[#18]
I feel your pain.  My brother committed suicide almost a year ago, March 7, 2001 in a similar manner.  He had some problems but I thought he had put them behind him.  No note no reason.

I know that this is extremely painful but I can tell you that it does get better with time. Talking with friends and family helps.  

Should you want to talk more about this email me.

Jimbeam
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:14:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:27:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:40:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Del, it is critical to remember that [size=4][b]IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT[/b][/size=4] as someone already said above.  Your sister made a choice for which she alone is responsible.

I won't pray for her, because her decision and fate is final... its too late for prayer in her case.  But I am praying for [size=4]you[/size=4].
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:47:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Hate to here that.Not the good stuff.One of
my exgirlfriends shot herself back in 97 and
I STILL miss her alot.Think of her often.I always try to believe that I could have kept
her from doing that,but I'll never know.She did it cause she thought that noone loved her,but I loved her.Only reason we wern't still together
is that she moved away and we lost touch and a year later she shot herself.God I miss her.I woulda married her in a heartbeat.She was a wonderful person to me and I always showed her the upmost in respect and attention.I guess though now, that it wasn't enough to make her see the light.You can't MAKE someone love you.
But she did it cause she thought that she couldn't find love,But I loved her.Guess I wasn't good enough for her.But I still loved her
and woulda gave it all up jus to be w/her.Maybe she was jus feeling soory for herself and made a
irreversable mistake.Now she's dead and I can't see her again for a long time.

Sorry,I needed to get that off my chest.Suicide sucks for EVERYONE
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:48:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:53:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. God Bless. Jim
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:01:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Del,

I am so sorry for your loss. Please accept my most sincere condolences.

May the Lord bless your sister and accept her into His Glory.

And may the Lord bless the family she left behind and offer them His comfort and Grace.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:20:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:31:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Delmarksman,

What a terrible thing to have happen in your family.  Please accept my condolences on your loss.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:36:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Del, we're here for ya bro.  I'm so sorry to here that.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:02:01 AM EDT
[#30]
I am sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers will be with you.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:02:12 AM EDT
[#31]
We're very sorry for your loss, Del.  Our prayers are with you and your family.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:11:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:17:14 AM EDT
[#33]
-Vaya con Dios-

pgo
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:31:19 AM EDT
[#34]
I am sorry for your loss! Let your friends, family, and loved ones help you through this.
Take care.
ARH
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:37:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Delmarksman,

My sincere condolences.  My Dad committed suicide about a year and a half ago.  He was in a bad marriage and had financial troubles.  Time will ease the pain, but I doubt it will go away.  I am saddened every day with the thoughts of my Dad.  If he would have died of illness or an accident, I believe his death would have been easier to deal with.  We were pretty close.  I have forgiven him, but I would never put my loved ones through the hell that his suicide caused.  I think suicide is selfish, but one never quite knows what a person's state of mind is when they take their life.  I only hope that God has forgiven my Dad and that he is with my Grandpa.  Whatever you do, don't blame yourself.  Spend as much time with loved ones and talk about the fond memories of your sister.  Everyone deals with things differently, but don't let yourself get too depressed like I did.  I miss him very much.  I will pray for you, your family and your sister in these difficult times.  Hang in there.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:38:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Sorry for your loss Del. Prayers are with you,her and your family.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:41:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Del sorry to hear of your loss. Just last year I lost my Aunt. She was killed by my drunk Uncle who then took his life. I know your pain. It takes alot of time. It will get better. Just remember the good times. That helps alot.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:18:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Del-
I am very sorry to hear about what happened to your sister. Hang in there buddy. Be around friends and try not to beat yourself up with all of the what if's going through your mind.

Mark
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#39]

Even though we have never personally met, I stand by you my brother in total support. My prayers go out to you and your family...
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:34:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Del....I am very sorry about your and your family's loss.  You are in my prayers.  Mike
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:45:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Del,

I am very truly sorry and saddened to hear about what has happened. My thoughts are with you and your family. Stay strong, brother.

Tyler
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm sorry to hear that. You have my sincere condolence. Loss of a family member is hard no matter how it happens.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:59:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Del,
  You and your family will be in our prayers.  Sorry to hear about your loss.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#45]
I'll add my voice to those asking you to take good care of yourself and those you love- it is truly tragic that someone can be in so much pain that the only answer apparent to them is to leave this world.  I am very sorry for your loss.

Hold those dear to you very close in this difficult time...
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Del,
You and your family have my thoughts and prayers... I lost my best friend similarly, and I know it hurts and it's confusing...

my thoughts and prayers to you and your family
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 10:23:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Del;
Remember the good times...... My prayers are with you.

View Quote

ikor's advice is sound although impossible for you to accept at this time.

God will, over time, slowly wipe the bad so that your memory will be filled with the "good times."
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#48]
 Egad.  Me and mne will be praying for you and yours.  Did she have any children?  I hope not...
 Stand strong, my friend.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#49]
My dear friends, your words have warmed my heart in a way I cannot express.

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers.

Del(I really need to go to the range)marksman

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top