Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2002 6:50:20 PM EDT
A student who kept pictures of weapons in his school locker said he feels vindicated after a judge overturned his expulsion from Palatine High School.

"Justice is finally served," Patrick Bryant said Tuesday.

Bryant was expelled in February 2001 after police searching his locker found a doodle of a gun, a photo of two swords, an essay defending the right to bear arms and another writing assignment that mentioned weapons, according to his lawyer.

On Friday, Cook County Circuit Judge Nancy Arnold said Bryant's expulsion was "arbitrary and capricious" and not supported by the evidence.

But Bryant, a 16-year-old junior, is still trying to get back into the school.

[url]http://www.guncontrolvictories.com/gc_teen.html[/url]
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#1]
[beer]
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#2]
This school probably can't wait until the Mind-Scan 2003 hits the market.

With advanced technology, they could intervene before any unapproved ideas go past the "thought" stage.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 12:37:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Good grief! I remember in the 6th grade when myself and some friends would bring Remington, Winchester, and other type catalogs to school to read during our free time. Glad I'm out of the public system now.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 12:45:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I myself did the same thing with Shotgun News and Guns & Ammo mags.  But I did live in South Texas, where my Geometry teacher and I had exchanged numerous hunting stories and discussed firearms on many occasions.  Oh how the times have changed and rather quickly I might add, for I am only 26.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 12:53:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 5:37:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I was in NJROTC in high school....so:

>1903A3s for drill
>1911A1s and ruger 22s for pistol team
>Winchester 22s for rifle team
>neighboring high school had Army JROTC...we used their M1Garands, 1911A1s, and they also had a Browning MG on tripod....(could only fire it with blanks though)
>used indoor pistol range at neighboring high school to shoot
>used a friends pasture to shoot rifles and pistols--our navy Chief (E-9) would give us time off in afternoon to go shoot--with USN supplied 45ACP ball  & 22LR ammo.
>spent time on the reserve destroyer "can" stationed in Galveston....did 5"/38 gunnery drills with them one weekend.  She had two twin 5/38 mounts...mucho fun loading rounds or powder cans in breech tray...way cool.
>and my buds and I ALL had M1 carbines....we also purchased Mexican M1 carbine ammo by the crate....like 80cents a box.  Shot a zillion tin cans---during afternoon breaks given by navy Chief..of course.
>USN flew us to San Diego our senior year....spent time at recruit depot and spent time at USMC range....1911A1s, M16s,M60s, M14s, and Ma Duce on tripod....after weapon orientation...Gunny told us...shoot as much as you want, just police up the brass.
>oh yeah.....we had dress swords too...
>sister high school in town...had Marine Corp JROTC...now them boys could shoot...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top