Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2002 9:27:30 AM EDT
This may be entirely too much additonal work for Anti- and crew, given the extreme effort that they have already put into making the BRC a success, but what good is a slave if you can't drive them until they are half dead, throw a bucket of water on them, and finish the job!!! [:D]

I myself am a chronic procrastinator, but I finally got the hint and registered today.  I wonder if more would register early (I don't doubt that there will be LOTS of late and at the door registrations) if there were "Early" door prizes awarded.  Maybe if a new donation crops up, it can be awarded in a random drawing of any one registering by the end of March, and again by the end of April.  The winner can have it shipped to them/their FFL in time to bring it for the convention (or just pick it up).  Being eligable for the early drawing (right now the odds are 1 in 175) might make someone register now rather than waiting until the last minute.  

It might even make Anti-'s job a little easier in getting more sponsors if more are registered early.

AFARR

Link Posted: 2/21/2002 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#1]
What we did was give free event t-shirts to pre-registrants.  Everyone else paid for them.  $12.00.

Of course you could put pre-registrants in a separate door-prize give-away of their own, etc.

The basic idea is encourage folks to pre-register.  To accomplish that you gotta make it worth their while.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top