Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2002 8:27:29 PM EDT
My brother found this rug in some sort of an Afghani shop in Kalifornistan and he sent it to me... I just picked it up yesterday. He told me about it a while back; after 9-11 he was afraid that it would disappear, so he went back for it. They denied ever having such a thing, and seemed very nervous about it. Then the surfer dude kid that was working there said, "Oh, you mean THIS??" They just about crapped themselves trying to keep it hidden, but when my brother said that it was what he wanted, the whole tone of conversation changed and they wanted more for it than they did before. Here's a pic:

[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/3909/images/PHCKucCoBQIAAFfQFUQ_3909_14.pjpeg[/img]

Anyone ever see anything like this?? What is the significance of it, if any?

FITTER out
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:38:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You're either single, or have your own personal space. My GF likes guns, but we have to mutually agree on the room decor. Posters in the garage are OK, but otherwise, the "toys" stay in the safe. Maybe she'd go for one in the garage?

Nice rug, though.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#2]
That's cool!
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Can I order one with the picture of a Mauser? :)
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:47:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that a Hesse...?
[:D]

Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm married, and she likes guns, but I DO have my own space with my 'puter and gun stuff. I have most of the basement (she's scared of the basement... LOL), the garage with a wood-burning stove, and my commo shack (and a separate phone line for my 'puter), but she has the rest of the house. I like it that way. She has her own 'puter, too.

FITTER out
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I've seen one like that before, but with 2 AKs and a bunch of tanks. It was a bit bigger, too.
I found it on eBay a couple times in the last few months when doing a search for "AK-47". I was tempted to bid on it, but shipping was $60 or something crazy like that...
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 9:17:51 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a nice one. I don't think anyone will be able to tell either! But, I don't think I could pull it off so I'll just stick with my hat(s).
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Its oooooogly!  Dude, my GF would probably kill me if I lost enough taste to buy that.  Well, then again, theres way more pale blue than I'd like in my apartment!  Ok, maybe its oogly, but I think I'll look for something just as tasteless as a rebellion piece!
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 9:53:35 PM EDT
[#9]
... reminds me of [b]The Big Lebowski[/b]"
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 10:22:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Sweet.   I'm gonna hit some rug shops next week and see if I can find one.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 10:25:48 PM EDT
[#11]
And here, I thought this was going to be about your new hairpiece.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 11:11:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I think it is authentic, if not Afganistan, some other nearby country. I saw a documentary a while back about the Persian rug trade and child labor blah blah. Some of the rugs they showed looked like that. AK's, helos, tanks, jets and bombs. It's kinda cool!
Link Posted: 2/18/2002 12:01:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Afghan war rugs, yeah, I wanted one.  They're usually really small though.  And butt-ugly, as oriental carpets go.  But cool in their way.  Funny how the rug dealer was nervous about it.

BTW, yours is one of the nicer designs I've seen.  Good buy!
Link Posted: 2/18/2002 12:54:26 AM EDT
[#14]
The pistol grip on that AK looks like some sort of Californistan legal pistol grip replacement device.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top