Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 4:04:43 PM EDT
I wonder how many of them would like to change their vote now?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Simple question, are you better off today than you were 12 months ago?  I'm certainly not, and I'm not alone.

thats pretty much the bottom line.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually I'm doing better than I was a year ago, or 18 months ago. Bush tanked the economy good before he left. The republicans can't even claim to have the upper hand in fiscal responsibility. At least I'm working again. More than I can say about the end of the bush era.  I really don't see much difference between the two.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Actually I'm doing better than I was a year ago, or 18 months ago. Bush tanked the economy good before he left. The republicans can't even claim to have the upper hand in fiscal responsibility. At least I'm working again. More than I can say about the end of the bush era.  I really don't see much difference between the two.

Wrong !
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Simple question, are you better off today than you were 12 months ago?  I'm certainly not, and I'm not alone.

Well atleast Im not spending all my time at work and getting taxed to death
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I am no Bush fan, but he did not tank the economy.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I think you may be one bottle short of a sixpack.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Yup, I must be nuts because I'm working.  

I'm sorry that some people who were struggling a year ago are now doing fine. I forget that we can't let the truth get in the way of a good bitch-fest.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Found a job?  Congrats.  As far as paying taxes, complain to the WH.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm sorry that some people who were struggling a year ago are now doing fine. I forget that we can't let the truth get in the way of a good bitch-fest.

Dont be "That guy"
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:30:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I was doing great during the 8 years GWB was in office, now I'm struggling, but I'm not blaming Obama,
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck Obama.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was doing great during the 8 years GWB was in office, now I'm struggling, but I'm not blaming Obama,

+1

My hours were cut in March 09 from 60 a week to 40.  I could have made another 15 grand this year if not for that, but I dont blame anybody but the owners of the company that I work for.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:36:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I was referring to the "Bush tanked the economy" line.  I'd like for you to explain to me how Bush tanked the economy.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

RIGHT
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#17]
AT least four that I know of.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I am no Bush fan, but he did not tank the economy.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:37:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a good way to look at it. Any prospects?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:45:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was referring to the "Bush tanked the economy" line.  I'd like for you to explain to me how Bush tanked the economy.

Maybe a better way of phrasing it was the economy tanked under the bush presidency. I don't really think either one is solely to blame or praise for what the economy does. The one simple fact is that the financial meltdown and bailouts started before obama got in. I don't think he is doing any worse or better than bush. The 2nd poster said it was a simple question, are you doing better than a year ago, and the answer is yes.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Sounds like you work for acorn.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Sounds like a Democrat astro-turfer, boys.  

And there is a big difference between a $300 billion deficit (Bush) and a $3,000 billion deficit (Obama).  That difference being $2.7 trillion.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a Democrat astro-turfer, boys.  

And there is a big difference between a $300 billion deficit (Bush) and a $3,000 billion deficit (Obama).  That difference being $2.7 trillion.

This!

Obama a ran bigger deficit in Q3 2009 than any of the eight ANNUAL deficits the GWB recorded.

ETA Bush Deficit v. Obama Deficit
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats pretty much the bottom line.

You'd be hard pressed to convince me that had McCain won in 2008 that we'd be in remarkably better shape right now.  If the economy were identical, the only difference would be that we'd have some people here pointing out that "McCain ended the recession in just 3 quarters as president.  Can you imagine if we had elected Obama?  The thing would have gone on for years!"  Obama is bad, but he's continuing short term Bush-era economic policies - keeping interest rates low and bailing out big companies.  We're going to pay a horrible price for Obama, but we'll pay it down the road.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top