Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 6:33:02 AM EDT
CCW in bars Restaurants? (clarification...we don't have "bars" in Va. They have to sell a certain amount of food in order to sell alcohol.)

Privatize ABC stores?

Lower some taxes (as in finish phasing out the property taxes like we where supposed to 8 years ago)?

After a few suggestions I'll add a poll.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:33:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm down for privatizing ABC, or at least getting Everclear stocked.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:37:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Do you have any idea why they don't allow that here? I always thought that was retarded.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:40:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Violence-based Madrasses
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:42:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Violence-based Madrasses

The feds won't let us near them. I'd like for McDonnell to tell the Feds to fuck off and go after them anyway though.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:42:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Slash corporate taxes.  Watch the businesses flock to VA.  Good selling point for 2010...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:46:03 AM EDT
[#6]
How about re-fucking-opening the half of our rest areas that were shuttered due to the budget.  Find the money!

They are eye sores, and for a state that has a lot of tourism, gives the message that we are perfectly willing to use duct tape on some things in order to preserve state pensions.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:46:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have any idea why they don't allow that here? I always thought that was retarded.

It's not illegal to possess, and AFAIK it's not against ABC law to sell it, they just won't stock or order it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:47:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

How about re-fucking-opening the half of our rest areas that were shuttered due to the budget.  Find the money!

They are eye sores, and for a state that has a lot of tourism, gives the message that we are perfectly willing to use duct tape on some things in order to preserve state pensions.
Auction them off to private enterprises.............

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:49:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Restaurant CCW will finally become law next year!

Perhaps permit-less CCW and a Castle/Stand your ground law similar to Florida's.

Join Texas, Montana and Tennessee with their state sovereignty movement and refusal to enforce cap and trade and  health care laws.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:50:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd like to see CCW in restaurants that serve alcohol.   As it is, you pretty much can't eat out without leaving your gun in the car and walking back and forth through the parking lot is when you need it.

Jane
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:51:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

CCW in bars strip clubs?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:53:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Corporate tax cuts - as a local business owner.
CCW in places with an ABC on license.

Elimination of personal property tax on automobiles. Or at least expanding the relief to business owned vehicles.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:54:00 AM EDT
[#13]
CCW in bars.

Drill Offshore.

If McDonnel does just those two I will be at peace.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:57:37 AM EDT
[#14]
After reading your other thread, I'd say CCW in bars restaurants is a wonderful idea for you............

a-bare
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:59:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

a-bare

Thanks for the troll.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:09:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

a-bare

Thanks for the troll.

I'm not trolling.
I'm just fucking with you.
I agree with PlaneJane. Walking to and from restaurants is a time you may need your CCW.

a-bare

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:12:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
CCW in bars Restaurants? (clarification...we don't have "bars" in Va. They have to sell a certain amount of food in order to sell alcohol.)

Privatize ABC stores?

Lower some taxes (as in finish phasing out the property taxes like we where supposed to 8 years ago)?

After a few suggestions I'll add a poll.

Im not sure that is correct. I know you have to sell a certain amount of food in order to have a less exspensive license but i think you can still have a bar it just cost more for the licensing. I need to look that up, its been a long time since i lived in Va. but i know of a couple of bars in Williamsburg by W&M that no way sell more food then they do booze.

Edit: I was correct. I know Bush has a bar in their brewery in Williamsburg that serves beer but no food.

this is the licensing in Va.

http://www.abc.virginia.gov/licensing/liccost.htm
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#18]
I should have put in there "allow liquor sales in titty bars" and "allow full nude dancing"
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:16:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Carry in restaurants is what I picked in the poll. Lower taxes is always good in such bad economic times. Get both?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:20:09 AM EDT
[#20]
POLL FAIL!

No all of the above or pie option.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:21:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I should have put in there "allow liquor sales in titty bars" and "allow full nude dancing"

agree. Pasties SUX.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:25:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Can I get an "all of the above"?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:26:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

collage kids OD ing on it at parties,parents raied hell they styopped selling it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:28:07 AM EDT
[#24]
What about having a simple $10 out of state driver tax for Yankees that we could pay at the border,maybe at one of the closed rest areas ?

I'd be fine with that but goddammit,I hate paying BS tickets when I go home to visit my mom in the boondocks.I don't mind helping out the economy and all but the whole shitshow of trying to make me believe I actually was speeding or changed lanes without a blinker gets absurd.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:32:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Go after the restaurant ban. It's one of the few above that is actually revenue/cost neutral,and gives out a quick payout to VA conservatives.

The drilling issue would be a good second as a possibly revenue positive measure,and going after Madrassahs and NoVA MS13 type gangs would be a good third,since it uses already sunk costs to some degree (LEO and court wages). The latter has the advantage of giving support to VA cops,who were likely another heavily McDonnell constituency,in addition to the obvious social/safety benefit.

Bringing back the private property tax cuts would be great,but may be hard on short term revenue for the state right now.

The liquor sales...I've always wondered if ABCs would bring in more money as taxable revenue from private business,or as state run stores. Honestly,having lived in states with private liquor sales,ABC is pretty cheap comparatively,and it brings in quite a bit of revenue to the state already. While I'm generally not in favor of state run business,it's hard to argue when it's relatively successful.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:34:54 AM EDT
[#26]
The fiscal stuff (lowering/abolishing taxes) probably won't fly in the current economic climate.  (I assume VA is in the crapper like most other states are.)

In that case, go for CCW in restaurants.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:51:38 AM EDT
[#27]
I must say as a Virginia resident the first thing that has to go are the civil remedial fees that go on top of the fines and court costs after a guilty conviction of certain traffic infractions.  These fines apply only to virginia residents how asinine.  you get a reckless with carolina tags go to court pay your 200 dollar fine  and court costs and are on your merry way however as a virginia resident tack on another 1050 dollars us.  Bullshit !

As far as ccw in a place that serves alcohol I "hypotheticly"  carry everywhere sometimes concealed somtimes open.  Sorry if judges prosecuters and police and prosecuters aides can carry concealed and drink whilst doing so well i hate double standards so i am naughty.
 If you dont want me to have my personal defense tool you better have metal detectors and and armed security for my protection  also any place that specificlly forbids the carry of a  firearm should have a secure area to place such firearm so you do not have to be dissarmed in your egress to and from said location.   By the way i am new here but have thick skin so if you disagree or just woke up on the wrong side of the bed flame away i can take it.

edited for protection versus pertection good lord i am southern.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:02:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Go after the restaurant ban. It's one of the few above that is actually revenue/cost neutral,and gives out a quick payout to VA conservatives.

The drilling issue would be a good second as a possibly revenue positive measure,and going after Madrassahs and NoVA MS13 type gangs would be a good third,since it uses already sunk costs to some degree (LEO and court wages). The latter has the advantage of giving support to VA cops,who were likely another heavily McDonnell constituency,in addition to the obvious social/safety benefit.

Bringing back the private property tax cuts would be great,but may be hard on short term revenue for the state right now.

The liquor sales...I've always wondered if ABCs would bring in more money as taxable revenue from private business,or as state run stores. Honestly,having lived in states with private liquor sales,ABC is pretty cheap comparatively,and it brings in quite a bit of revenue to the state already. While I'm generally not in favor of state run business,it's hard to argue when it's relatively successful.

Hmm...sound like a man with a plan.

I agree with all of this. I'd be interested in seeing some numbers on the ABC stuff before making a decision on it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:04:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I must say as a Virginia resident the first thing that has to go are the civil remedial fees that go on top of the fines and court costs after a guilty conviction of certain traffic infractions.  These fines apply only to virginia residents how asinine.  you get a reckless with carolina tags go to court pay your 200 dollar fine  and court costs and are on your merry way however as a virginia resident tack on another 1050 dollars us.  Bullshit !

As far as ccw in a place that serves alcohol I "hypotheticly"  carry everywhere sometimes concealed somtimes open.  Sorry if judges prosecuters and police and prosecuters aides can carry concealed and drink whilst doing so well i hate double standards so i am naughty.
 If you dont want me to have my personal defense tool you better have metal detectors and and armed security for my protection  also any place that specificlly forbids the carry of a  firearm should have a secure area to place such firearm so you do not have to be dissarmed in your egress to and from said location.   By the way i am new here but have thick skin so if you disagree or just woke up on the wrong side of the bed flame away i can take it.

edited for protection versus pertection good lord i am southern.

They stopped that and I believe they may have issued some refunds as well. Could be wrong, never was a victim of that BS.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:04:09 AM EDT
[#30]
I REALLY hope that the CCW in Restaurants bills comes back up... I'm not much of a drinker, but I do enjoy going to places like Applebee's and Chili's, and also hanging out with friends that do frequent "bars" ...

This would be a big one for me...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:06:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Virginia is one of only two states that still has the Uniform Machine Gun Act of 1932 on it's books.  When the state Supreme Court of Mass. declares it unconstitutional, you know it's bad... Get rid of that first then follow up with the restaurant issue.  I'd also recommend you guys step up and pass registration by party for electoral purposes.  That's been a bad thorn in the side for years allowing the dims to cross over and screw with our political processes.

Also, get rid of guys like Frank Wolf, Jim Rich, and the other liberal establishment in the state Republican party.

Last note, tell your party leadership not to use Voter Vault anymore, it's corrupted.

There's your start.

Good luck, I gave up after 15 years of beating my head against the wall.  If one word sums up the Republican leadership in Virginia, STUPID is it.  God how I wish stupidity were painful sometimes.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:07:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

But then....how will our WV Strip clubs at the VA boarder stay open with their highly inflated prices?!??!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top