Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2009 4:43:58 PM EDT
I've had an acct w/ Equifax for 5 yrs. I get a email when my score changes. I got an email Oct 23rd that it increased 5 pts.  Get an email today that increased 60 pts (sixty)!!!  
I have never experienced more than a 5 pt swing in 2-3 month period. I have not paid anything off or down substantially.
Does anyone have an idea why or how this could happen? I think I might call them in the morning to see if this is a mistake BUT I hope it isnt.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't some things in a credit report lose significance after a certain amount of time. Such as BR no longer affects your credit after 7 years.

Probably something like a bad account you had 5-10 years ago lost any significance and dropped from the report.  

My guess, worth what you paid for it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#2]
accounts aging, inquiries falling off after a year, revolving debt has gone below 30%, could be a number of things
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I swear to God the people that decide your FICO score just throw shit at a dart board.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I swear to God the people that decide your FICO score just throw shit at a dart board.

Well, one thing is completely true of the FICO determiners - they really like to punish you for responsibility and fiscal discipline.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm guessing, if your credit card company decreased your limit, this would cause a higher balance percentage resulting in a lower FICO score??
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Someone is using your Identity to buy shit and pay it off driving your FICO score up for you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top