Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 4:27:05 PM EDT
I went to work, Quiznoes, Maverik (gas station), and Wal-Mart multiple times, in addition to my normal day-to-day travels.

Aside from the pleasant conversation about firearms with the guy working the register at Quiznoes, I was not clubbed on the head, disarmed from behind, arrested, accosted, shunned, screamed at, diverted away from children or called a terrorist; I did  not have people avoid me, ask if that was legal, call the cops, treat me poorly, refuse me service or act uneasy around me.

In fact, I don't think most people even noticed it.

I have not been able to blade at 45, yell "You will not touch my firearm!" or argue with police officers.

ARFCOM, what am I doing wrong? The Wal-Mart door greeter didn't even stop me, she just said "Hi!" and let me into the store!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#1]
You probably look like a cop.

I think UT is pretty gun friendly though.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I open carry all the time and have only had one issue with it. One old biddy at Food Lion complained to the manager. He came up to me and asked if I had a permit. I told him that yes, I had a permit to conceal, but one wasn't needed to open carry. He said "OK" and went on his way.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:32:47 PM EDT
[#3]
try a brighter color holster? tan and black are easy on the eyes and most people dont notice at all.
sheeple are condition white all the time, they dont care.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Good I like to here more and more of this.

And in before the OC haters.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Most of the folks I work with don't even notice the plainclothes cops open carrying.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Try getting more face tattoos.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Nobody figures that a criminal will carry a firearm in plain sight.

Keep itup.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#8]
It's only a matter of time.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Try getting more face tattoos.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:53:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You probably look like a cop.

I think UT is pretty gun friendly though.

Mustache?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Utah's great isn't it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top