BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 5:40:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:58:43 AM EDT
[#1]

“Four young men in their 20s do not need to Taser and handcuff an
81-year-old.”

He has a point, a good seasoned officer would not do this.  The young ones overreact way too damn much. Not enough good training.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:59:47 AM EDT
[#2]
And other branches call Airmen pussies. This should make them think twice.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:05:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
“Four young men in their 20s do not need to Taser and handcuff an 81-year-old.”

He has a point, a good seasoned officer would not do this.  The young ones overreact way too damn much. Not enough good training.

Wilcox, described in court documents as being 6 feet 1 inch tall and 250 pounds

old man strength
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:27:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What should they have done instead?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:28:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

they probably should have cried and sulked instead.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:40:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Or grabbed a lawyer to use as a club.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:49:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Use of force levels.

If they had gone hands on, they most likely would have broken a couple of his bones taking him down.

I didn't get hands on very often but it's the last choice....if you have a Taser, use it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well you could keep physically restraining him, likely to cause him more injury, or you could incapacitate his muscles so he quits resisting.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Use of force levels.

If they had gone hands on, they most likely would have broken a couple of his bones taking him down.

I didn't get hands on very often but it's the last choice....if you have a Taser, use it.

So you order the old man to put his hands behind his back.  He says "I'm physically able to do that" so you taser him to get him to do something he's physically unable to do?  When you order a man with no legs to "stand up", do you taser him when he fails to comply?  It saddens me to think that the answer is probably "Yes".

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Use of force levels.

So you order the old man to put his hands behind his back.  He says "I'm physically able to do that" so you taser him to get him to do something he's physically unable to do?  When you order a man with no legs to "stand up", do you taser him when he fails to comply?  It saddens me to think that the answer is probably "Yes".

Enough voltage can make anything possible.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It took 4 Airmen to taser 1 old man.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:39:50 AM EDT
[#12]
When in doubt, "Aim High!".

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah, because it's badass when you and three of your friends whoop the shit out of an old guy

Kidding, kidding, but I doubt this incident enhances the size of the Airmen's penis's any in most people's eyes.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Use of force levels.

Yeah, a lot of people probably would answer yes to that.  And a lot of them can be found right here in GD.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shot him in the head with their side arms?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
When in doubt, "Aim High!".

Doh!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:52:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, because whenever I was done with a traffic stop, I just waved them on. Good Taze.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:53:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Love to see the dash cam....

Incidents like this make me wonder if people ever think "I wonder how it will look if I either:  run from the cops, or taser an 82 year old man.

Idiots, use your words.  My four year old is better at getting compliance that some of the officers I've seen on dashcams.  Use your words and don't act like a dick.  

I kind of expect 82 year old men to be confused and non-compliant.... not out of malice... but out of confusion.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:54:13 AM EDT
[#19]
They were talking about this on the local radio this morning.  Interesting situation; if both sides are telling the truth...I'd be tempted to put it down to miscommunication; drop all charges and take care of the doctor bill the old timer likely has.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top