Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2002 9:44:38 AM EDT
I see the advertising banners on top of the page, and have occasionally clicked on them to see the stuff they are selling (right now it is advanced-armament.com).  

Does AR15.com get some kind of "Credit" when I click on the link above?  Does it show that I followed a link from here?

Now, what about if I follow a link in a post here?  Same thing??  If I follow a post here that says {url}www.whizbang.org{/url}, will it show where I came from?  If it does not, I know you have a links page here, maybe posters should not put direct links, but just show the links page, ie:  Go to {url}www.arlinks15.com{/url} and look for Advanced-armament.com.

Thanks!!

AFARR
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Does AR15.com get some kind of "Credit" when I click on the link above?  Does it show that I followed a link from here?
View Quote

Part 1 - No, not monetarily.  Part 2 - Yes, and which means that if the sites see they are getting traffic and that the traffic is increasing their business well then it's a darn good bet they'll renew.

Now, what about if I follow a link in a post here?  Same thing??  If I follow a post here that says {url}www.whizbang.org{/url}, will it show where I came from?  If it does not, I know you have a links page here, maybe posters should not put direct links, but just show the links page, ie:  Go to {url}www.arlinks15.com{/url} and look for Advanced-armament.com.
View Quote

I would also like to see a banner page added which could be used to refer people to.  It'd be great for everybody in a way.  I just wonder where GB could squeeze it into?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top