Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 3:35:54 PM EDT
My wife is planning some landscaping for our house and she's trying to find a plant she had at her old apartment.  She has done numerous google searches with no success.  She describes it as a small shrub that can grow up to 10 feet.  It has small red flowers that resemble roses.  She thinks it's called a "tea rose" but it's not actually a rose.  All image searches for tea roses bring up roses, which she says are not what she had.

I know that's not much to go on but she has requested the assistance of the Hive-Mind.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#1]
It could be a rose like a floribunda type - or maybe it was a Rose of Sharon, which resembles a hibiscus bloom.  Those can get to that size as well.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It could be a rose like a floribunda type - or maybe it was a Rose of Sharon, which resembles a hibiscus bloom.  Those can get to that size as well.

I did google searches on both of those and she said neither was it.  She said the defining characteristic is very small leaves and flowers with the flowers being around fingernail size.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top