Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 4:41:18 AM EDT
Obviously,I know it's one shooting and the placement ( one in the gut,one in the arm) was terrible but the guy walking around like it wasn't too big of a deal has me looking at my Seecamp and going "hmmm".The shooter ( licensed CCW holder ) ended up getting booked on attempted murder but there was no follow up as to whether it was decided to be in self defense or not.On one hand,the puncher did stop what he was doing but the shootee wasn't exactly hobbled too much by the 2 rounds,no way of knowing if they were .32 or .380.I'm pretty sure it couldn't have been comfortable to have a hole in the gut after the adrenaline wore off but the guy was just walking down the road dribbling.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:46:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw that too....

I was  wondering about getting booked and the line of questioning..

"Why did you have a firearm"

"I have a licence to carry"

"I understand but were you expecting trouble?"

[://

And the next episode where the 19 year old kid was booked on DV for a small fight with his brother....

Say good bye to any firearm privileges with a DV conviction...........

I never  watch COPS and last night was odd as I had laundry to fold...

Don't think I will watch again
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:57:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:04:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Obviously,I know it's one shooting and the placement ( one in the gut,one in the arm) was terrible but the guy walking around like it wasn't too big of a deal has me looking at my Seecamp and going "hmmm".The shooter ( licensed CCW holder ) ended up getting booked on attempted murder but there was no follow up as to whether it was decided to be in self defense or not.On one hand,the puncher did stop what he was doing but the shootee wasn't exactly hobbled too much by the 2 rounds,no way of knowing if they were .32 or .380.I'm pretty sure it couldn't have been comfortable to have a hole in the gut after the adrenaline wore off but the guy was just walking down the road dribbling.

I think myself that the purpose of my Kel-tec p32 is to point directly at the perps head, or gut, and empty the gun with another mag as stand-by. (loaded with fmj btw.)

My Kel-tec is one step up from carrying a knife, I think?

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:10:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't go with anything less than a 9 for CCW if possible....
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:17:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

i carry one daily because getting made at work = fired. otherwise it would be a full size handgun or a rifle.

Same here, I'd be made in no time at work.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:22:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I've the 9mm Keltec (pt-9? I think)  

Shoots ok, but I'm a 45 guy  

I did have one of the belt/pocket clips on it but shooting it with that on it was equivalent to cutting my finger repeatedly with a steak knife.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:25:34 AM EDT
[#7]
the shooter is fuked .i saw that too.the shooter had been drinking.they all where.bad judgement call better get a good lawyer he,s gonna need it. cause either way he,s gonna get sued.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:08:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Classic case of STFU and demand a lawyer.

Words to the effect of:  I am traumatized right now by those men attacking me- you can see my head wounds- I need a lawyer present before I aswer any questions. Period.

But it also shows regardless: be prepared to be booked for a crime despite what you may think is a good shoot.

He appeared to be outnumbered and took multiple blows to the head, drew and fired.  But he was not doing himself any favors  by talking and poorly trying to explain himself.

As to the caliber issue (was it a .380??) - it succeeded in doing its job: stopped the aggression and sent the perp on his way, bleeding with a nasty gut wound and not looking so hot.  The purpose of an armed response is to stop the attack.  

Lastly- I loved the cop's line: why were you carrying- were you expecting trouble?  I don't know where to begin with that one...

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:16:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I saw that too....

I was  wondering about getting booked and the line of questioning..

"Why did you have a firearm"

"I have a licence to carry"

"I understand but were you expecting trouble?"

[://

And the next episode where the 19 year old kid was booked on DV for a small fight with his brother....

Say good bye to any firearm privileges with a DV conviction...........

I never  watch COPS and last night was odd as I had laundry to fold...

Don't think I will watch again

That just fucking pissed me off.
And that was bullshit, neither was hurt, besides, I thought it was in the job description of brothers to beat each others ass once in a while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top