Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 10:48:29 PM EDT
Guy with the pizza thread reminded me of this.  Why do people ask about how many slices or pieces there are in a pizza, sushi roll, loaf of bread or whatever?

If I cut the same size pizza or sushi roll into more slices, will it somehow mean it provides more food?

Now if your figuring out some party, its simple numbers and it makes sense, but I've served people eating by themselves who ask this shit.  Your gonna eat the thing in 8 slices, but if it makes you feel better about yourself if you eat it in 6 then we can cut it accordingly.  Why people think "slice" is some scientific measurement like the imperial or metric system is, is beyond me.  Shit, tell your friend you want a single slice from a generous pizza place, but they are lazy and settle for papa johns, then you really want two slices.  Now if your roommate is lazy AND stoned and settles for dominos then you really want four slices...get me?

Maybe you should get an idea of how large the whole thing is, then how many pieces and then figure it out.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Guy with the pizza thread reminded me of this.  Why do people ask about how many slices or pieces there are in a pizza, sushi roll, loaf of bread or whatever?

If I cut the same size pizza or sushi roll into more slices, will it somehow mean it provides more food?

Now if your figuring out some party, its simple numbers and it makes sense, but I've served people eating by themselves who ask this shit.  Your gonna eat the thing in 8 slices, but if it makes you feel better about yourself if you eat it in 6 then we can cut it accordingly.  Why people think "slice" is some scientific measurement like the imperial or metric system is, is beyond me.  Shit, tell your friend you want a single slice from a generous pizza place, but they are lazy and settle for papa johns, then you really want two slices.  Now if your roommate is lazy AND stoned and settles for dominos then you really want four slices...get me?

Maybe you should get an idea of how large the whole thing is, then how many pieces and then figure it out.

4/10

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:02:39 PM EDT
[#2]
well .... how many slices is it
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:02:59 PM EDT
[#3]
They just cut your six slices into twelve so you can't complain and leave you with a dozen half slices!!!

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:07:02 PM EDT
[#4]
When I worked at a pizza joint, we cut all of our pizzas into 8 slices. Small, medium, or large pizza-8 slices
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
well .... how many slices is it

as many or as little as you want, but you'll still be fat
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:36:37 PM EDT
[#6]
My life revolves around perfection. Everything has to be... just right.

Otherwise I'm going to bitch on some internet fourm.

Note:  i was able to use the same response to all the "did i just get shitted" pizza threads.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#7]
A pizza is cut into 8 slices.
That's just the way it is.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:39:21 PM EDT
[#8]
bump
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:41:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I want the most slices for my money.  If I can get 8 slices instead of 6 slices that's what I'm buying.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top