Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 4:53:02 PM EDT
Bed In A Box just sent me a free memory foam mattress. I bought one last year but never really liked it so my wife sent them an email:

Hello, we bought a new mattress in Nov 2008 and my husband has complained about it ever since we got it. It dips under his weight and he is only 160lbs. Sorry I haven't emailed before now - it just occurred to me to complain because we are seriously considering tossing it out and buying a new firmer mattress. Is there anything you can do about the mattress we bought almost a year ago? Order 15727. Thanks for your help, Poobysgirl.

Then I open my email a few days back and find and email from BIAB with a tracking # for a new mattress so I ask my wife about it and she tells me the story. I'm afraid I'm getting charged for it so here's the rest of the emails:

Hi there, a new mattress has been delivered! Pooby received an email a few days before its delivery. Wow that was fast! Thanks but can you confirm that we don't have to pay anything for it and also, let us know if the mattress is the same as what we bought in November 2008 or if it's been improved. Many thanks, P.

Hi Poobysgirl,

There is no charge for the replacement. I can only surmise that the one you received was from a batch of foam which was improperly cured at the factory in North Carolina. That can happen though it is an extremely rare occurrence. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope you enjoy your new mattress for many years to come.

Thanks,

Steve

I dont really think the problem is from an uncured mattress, I think it's just physics. When my wife and I get close to the middle, a valley forms and we both roll into it. Who here has a memory mattress and what do you think of it?

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#1]
dont have the matress but i have the pillows and dont know how i slept without them!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:58:03 PM EDT
[#2]
You weigh 160 and she calls you pooby?  
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#3]
We sleep on a Tempurpedic. I don't know if I could go back. I love it.

I think anything's possible. Try the free bed, if it doesn't work, ditch it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a memory foam mattress.
It is the one they advertise on TV, I can't think of the name of it. EDIT: Tempurpedic
It is a king.

I really like it.
It is usual for me to lay down and wake up in exactly the same position as I started in (no turning). That tells me I must be comfortable.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been sleeping on one at a hotel for hte past week. I hate it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#6]
we have had a tempur pedic for close to 10 years and no valleys or dips in the mattress.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I had one for a month.
Didn't like it.
Got rid of it and bought a normal bed.
Sleeping well ever since.....
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I want one of those so bad!!  Good for you!!  I hope you like it!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#9]
We have a memory foam mattress topper that we got at Costco a while ago and love it.  Not sure if that's what you're talking about but we don't have that problem.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Pooby, its all about the foams  "resistance"..........tempeurpedic is 5lbs IIRC–– inferior ones are less. Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Tempurpedic

We have a king with box springs and no dips or valleys. I'm sure other quality brands can be had for less money.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Is yours a real Tempurpedic or a knock-off?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:17:38 PM EDT
[#14]
It's on a platform and I have the pillow and the mattress has the down pillow top. It's ok if I'm sleeping over on my side away from my wife, but if we get close in the middle, a valley forms that wants to roll us together. I like to be next to my wife but not leaning against her by force of gravity.

Not a tempur pedic, this is the bed.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I just bought a 14" thick model from Bed-in-a-box about a month ago. I love it.

It has the bamboo cover and is the new BASF improved foam. It has helped my back imensely!!

I'm happy with the bed (matress) and the company. Sounds like they did right by you!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#16]
The Wife and I just bought a 3" memory foam mattress topper at Costco last week.  We're loving it.  I can sleep through the night and not wake up once from being in an uncomfortable position.  We were set to replace our nice, but older, queen mattress, but this $129 topper is sooooo good that it saved us from spending close to a grand on new mattress set.

YMMV, but we're real happy!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#17]
8 inch thick is good , just rotate and flip it every month or so.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#18]
You dont want to flip a modern foam mattress, they are layered with different foams so one side is definitely up.

I have a NovaForm and I built a new base (no box spring required, so I designed it to be as high as my previous frame and box spring) for it with four 24x24x12" drawers underneath so it has lots of storage. I've been very happy with it, I'm 70lbs overweight and I can sleep on my back again unlike my previous conventional mattress.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:31:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

We sleep on a Tempurpedic. I don't know if I could go back. I love it.

I think anything's possible. Try the free bed, if it doesn't work, ditch it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tempurpedic beds are the best thing to happen to sleeping since they stuffed straw into

linen sheets...

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Our Costco had a Tempurpedic sale last weekend. Queen sized for $1599.00 Yikes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#21]
We have one.

I don't think in a good memory foam mattress you will find a valley in the middle.  (That happens camping with an air mattress however).    They are firm.   Can't even feel someone get out of bed or get in.....well barely anyway.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Tempurpedic.  The fo shizzle.

I will never sleep in springs and crap again.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#23]
The memory foam really helps out in the doggie style position.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:46:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Tempurpedic King heres. Wife and love it.

I had back problems for 8 years and they stopped within 2 weeks of this mattress.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
. It's ok if I'm sleeping over on my side away from my wife, but if we get close in the middle, a valley forms that wants to roll us together. I like to be next to my wife but not leaning against her by force of gravity.  

Not a tempur pedic, this is the bed.

Stop doing it in the middle of the bed all of the time.  Maybe the mattress will not remember if you do it in different places.  Sheesh.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#26]
I've been sleeping on a Tempurpedic mattress for the last 14 years or so.
It doesn't have any dip in the middle, or anywhere else, and is just as comfortable as it has always been.
I never want to buy or sleep on anything but a memory foam mattress again, it is that good.

If the other brands sag, then buy a Tempurpedic.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#27]
edited because people here know me IRL and I admitted to sleeping on the floor like DDL in "There Will Be Blood"
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#28]
t3mpurpedic sucks.

100% LATEX FTW!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#29]
We have a Temurpedic, and I think the damn thing feels like a slab of granite. It's personal preference though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
t3mpurpedic sucks.

100% LATEX FTW!

This. Got my latex mattress a couple of years ago and damn I can't imagine having anything else, ever.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top