Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 4:00:45 PM EDT

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-
http://www.themoneytimes.com/20090918/woman-75-shoots-burglar-rescues-son-id-1084495.html

Woman, 75, shoots burglar, rescues son
September 18, 2009 - 0 comments            
Petros, Tenn. –– Authorities in Tennessee's Morgan County said a 75-year-old woman shot and wounded a man who allegedly broke into her son's home and fought with him.

William Angel, chief sheriff's deputy, said Jesse Williams, 28, allegedly broke into the Petros home of David Brandenburg, 43, Thursday night and the men began fighting, the Knoxville (Tenn.) News-Sentinel reported Friday.

Angel said Ruth Robbins, 75, Brandenburg's mother and next-door neighbor, heard the commotion when the fight spilled into the yard. The deputy said Williams assaulted Robbins when she initially tried to intervene, leading her to shoot him in the leg.

Williams was treated and released from a hospital. He was charged with burglary, aggravated assault and simple assault.

Angel said Robbins will not face any charges.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:05:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You go granny ! ! !
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Rule #1 in the animal kingdom: never get between a mother and her offspring.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You go granny ! ! !

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#4]
He broke into someone's home, attacked an occupant and he was "treated and released"?  That's some serious "WTF".  Seems like maybe the cops should have arrested him for breaking and entering and assault.  But what do I know?  Maybe they wanted to give Granny a chance to finish what she started.

Edited to add: RIF.  Maybe treated and released and arrested at the hospital?  I guess Granny will have to wait a couple of years for that second chance.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:38:50 PM EDT
[#5]
THAT is the America I want to live in.  America, FUCK YEAH!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#7]
If I ever live next door to my mother, I hope she shoots ME.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top