Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:05:21 AM EDT
[#1]
No!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:09:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:09:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I know they issue a non-resident carry permit, and I am in the process of applying for one, but can I take a handgun to CT as a NY resident so long as I do not carry it on me?

You'd get better luck in the hometown forums, however what is the purpose of your trip to CT?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:10:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:19:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No!

Well reading this I'm not sure.  I know an NRA instructor in CT, if I went down there to shoot with him as training I think I would be covered, exemptions listed in the non-resident section.  Well at least CT will issue a non-resident permit unlike our useless state Daytona.
Interesting, when I went down there for my NRA Pistol Instructor course, the TC I went with was told not to bring his handguns because it was against CT law, perhaps their is a difference between teaching a class and taking a class with the way it is worded.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top