Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 7:59:15 AM EDT
Peter Schiff running for Senate
From Peter:

Based upon the unbelievable support that I have receieved [sic] from 10,000 supporters like you, I have decided to throw my hat into the ring to challenge Chris Dodd for the honor of representing the state of Connecticut in the United States Senate.

Peter isn’t a perfect candidate, but at least he’d fight for more sustainable fiscal and monetary policies. Chris Dodd, by the way, is co-sponsoring the extension/expansion of the disastrous housing tax credit.

Peter’s website is here.

But what is his platform? Those of us who are familiar with Peter’s TV appearances know what he stands for on economic issues, but what about the folks who haven’t seen him on TV? And what about other issues like national defense, abortion, gay rights, gun control, etc.?

Another question: Is Schiff cultivating Ron Paul and his network? Paul has a remarkably large and passionate following. They’d be natural supporters of Schiff’s likely platform and could be convinced to transplant their campaign machine to CT.

This is certainly an uphill battle, but if Schiff gets plugged in with Paul, he might have a fighting chance.

http://blogs.reuters.com/rolfe-winkler/2009/09/17/peter-schiff-running-for-senate/

This guy's the real deal, I hope he wins.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:01:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Schiff advised Ron Paul so I assume he would/is cultivating the Campaign for Liberty.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:01:46 AM EDT
[#2]
In

I like Peter alot, one of the few that talks common sense.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Something tells me this site isnt going to be full of his supporters.  Personally, I like him a lot, and I actually have some money invested with Euro Pacific.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:50:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Schiff is a great economist.

Obviously the jury's still out on other issues, but he's brilliant with economic policy ideas.

That and he'd be replacing Dodd. Win/Win
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Is Schiff running for the GOP nomination?  That makes, what, five candidates now?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is Schiff running for the GOP nomination?  That makes, what, five candidates now?

He's running in CT for Dodd's(D) seat.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:40:04 AM EDT
[#7]
If you're unfamiliar with Schiff, watch a few of the videos below and tell me this guy doesn't get it....

http://www.peter-schiff.com/videos.php
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been listening for Schiff for about 3 years now and supported his exploratory committee.  I am glad to see him in the race.

He would bring a voice of fiscal sanity and individual freedom to the Senate.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Schiff is great.  I don't know what his views are on guns but I imagine they're positive.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#10]
He is way too focused, financially, on gold, but otherwise, why not?  It's not like we have much else at the plate.

Has anyone ever considered Gartman as a candidate?  I don't think he would ever want to bother but why not throw that name out there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Schiff is great.  I don't know what his views are on guns but I imagine they're positive.

Well, he has suggested that people buy guns in his books and on his radio show.  And he has a very pro-freedom mindset.  So I would expect him to be very pro RKBA
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck Chris Dodd! Go Peter Schiff!

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#13]
+1 for schiff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top