Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 7:36:33 AM EDT
I have some suntrust bank stock (yeah, they took a hell of a beating).  I've had them forever, and during a move, forgot to update the address.  Well, the shares sat long enough to be escheated (turned over) to the state of Georgia due to a non-current address.  Now I am attempting to get them back from the State and/or Computershare (the administrator for Suntrust stock).  The problem is, Georgia says they never received them and Computershare says that they sent them and no longer control them .  Both sides are pointing the finger at each other and neither can find the shares that seem to have vanished into thin air.  

Computershare has furnished a letter showing the date and account numbers for the escheatment.  Georgia claims to have nothing.  What are my recourses to get what is mine back?  Would I have to sue the state if they can't find it?  Should I contact the SEC and inform them of the mismanagement/file a complaint?  And, yes I know it is my fault for not updating the address in the first place, but it would sure be nice if people did their jobs right too.
Top Top